Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only getting $500 at this point...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4554627471&category=6386

Vehicle Description

You are bidding on the opportunity to purchase one of the first 2006 Pontiac Solstice's built. I have ordered and confirmed order for delivery. The dealer has indicated the car is being built and will be delivered somewhere between July 06 - October 06. Buyer must arrange for pickup in the Southeastern Florida region and purchase of the car for full price. Dealer does not have the final price yet but they have indicated the price will come in between $24,000 - $25,000. Purchase order and advertising materials, as seen on the "Apprentice", are provided. Payment must be made at the completion of this auction.

Note: This is to purchase the rights to buy one of the first built 2006 Pontiac Solstice cars. Car is to be purchased once delivered.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
This one may indeed be OK... Doesn't say 1st 1000

sight unseen said:
only getting $500 at this point...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4554627471&category=6386

Vehicle Description

You are bidding on the opportunity to purchase one of the first 2006 Pontiac Solstice's built. I have ordered and confirmed order for delivery. The dealer has indicated the car is being built and will be delivered somewhere between July 06 - October 06. Buyer must arrange for pickup in the Southeastern Florida region and purchase of the car for full price. Dealer does not have the final price yet but they have indicated the price will come in between $24,000 - $25,000. Purchase order and advertising materials, as seen on the "Apprentice", are provided. Payment must be made at the completion of this auction.

Note: This is to purchase the rights to buy one of the first built 2006 Pontiac Solstice cars. Car is to be purchased once delivered.
Notice that it does NOT say it's one of the 1st 1000. The only delivery restrictions were on the 1st 1000 units wherein the person who registered on the Apprentice site is required to take delivery and register the car in their name...

Also, since this seems not to be a 1st 1000 unit, there will probably be plenty of time for the person who originally ordered the unit to make changes to suit the tastes of the winner of the auction.

It is interesting that the bidding has only reached $500, especially since I think the listing cost is something like $300 for a car listing.... Seems like most people are smart enough to realize that they can just wait a bit longer and order one from a dealer directly. Anyone who's spent any time reading this forum certainly knows that... Thanks for the post. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
e-bay Listing (at least when I sold a couple of cars a few years ago) costs were maximum $50... a certain percentage of the selling price up to the "max".

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
solsticeman said:
e-bay Listing (at least when I sold a couple of cars a few years ago) costs were maximum $50... a certain percentage of the selling price up to the "max".
Thanks for the correction. I'm getting sloppy. Sorry about that. :(

Yes, sir! I'll clean up my act! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
I'm going to go look up thier current policies. I've got two cars I'm debating trying to sell via ebay to get the maximum value from them.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html
You pay only an Insertion Fee and a Transaction Services Fee to list a vehicle on eBay Motors. The Transaction Services Fee is charged when the first bid is made or your reserve price is met. There is no additional fee charged after the vehicle is sold. eBay Motors vehicle listings are those within the Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Powersports and Other Vehicles categories.

Category - Insertion Fee - Transaction Services Fee
Passenger Vehicles - $40.00 - $40.00

You will not be charged a Transaction Services Fee if:

* There were no bids on your item.
* There were no bids that met the reserve price on your reserve price listing.

Otherwise you will be charged a Transaction Services Fee, whether or not you carry out the sale with the buyer.
Extra Ebay listing features cost more on top of this.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crimson Avenger said:
It is interesting that the bidding has only reached $500...Seems like most people are smart enough to realize that they can just wait a bit longer and order one from a dealer directly. Anyone who's spent any time reading this forum certainly knows that... Thanks for the post. :cool:
also interesting considering those that paid $5000 over invoice...many in the San Fran area...

I guess the initial excitement has worn off...or at least the initial "emotional rich person excitement" :lol:

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I'm smiling.. Did you notice the BUILD DATE? 2006! They won't even build his car for over a yr.. Just shows that you have to read carefully.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I also noticed that in response to someone's question, he claims the interior is a two-tone black and tan. Now I love a good black and tan, but I haven't seen one offered in the Solstice. :lol:

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Well, the person offering the purchase agreement, located in Sebastian, Florida, got $3,550, apparently! WOW!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
now the question is... for those of you that have ordered already:

would you jump to the end of your dealers line for an extra 3 grand in your pocket?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
dori-san said:
now the question is... for those of you that have ordered already:

would you jump to the end of your dealers line for an extra 3 grand in your pocket?
NO, In fact, NO d*mn way!! :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's pretty tempting... Specially for those of us that have an EOP and will probably let it sit for the winter....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went through all this with the Elise, (waited 16 months) its a bit silly but you just put your money down and wait. Kind of fun.

I just placed an order, my dealer can order 4 on thursday, I'm #3 and #1 is a fist1000 order....

Steve says to expect the car when its cold...

I'm thinking of ordering a newDino for 2007.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts