Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing around an Airbrush forum that I get on from time to time and I came across someone who has a solstice they are prepping for SEMA. Since I can't post images yet I thought this would work:

http://www.airbrush.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=120269

You have to scoll down to the bottom and it is the last 2 pictures on the page. Not great pics, but good in the process pics.

Interesting notes: Orange and white two tone will look pretty good. And in the first pic you can see that the back end is one piece and there is going to be a centered single pipe exhaust. This is going to look killer when it's done.

Campbell

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
concreteguy said:
Dang it! THAT'S the Orange I want!!!!!!! :banghead:

Pontiac Pleeeeeeease!!!
HOLY HELL! IT'S MY FANTASY ORANGE:

The color code from McLaren is Kustom Kandy Orange.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I think the solstice would look amazing with the same paint job as that Ford Concept that was shown in Detroit this year. (the one that had all polished aluminum body panelling) I swear, if I had that paint job, I would never drive that thing anywhere lol! I would be afraid to be drive it into the sun...the people driving towards you would be blinded! :lol:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Fortimir said:
HOLY HELL! IT'S MY FANTASY ORANGE:

The color code from McLaren is Kustom Kandy Orange.
One word, "BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!"

·
5,600 Posts
concreteguy said:
Dang it! THAT'S the Orange I want!!!!!!! :banghead:

Pontiac Pleeeeeeease!!!
SIGN ME UP!!!! I would take one in a minute. Instead, we get dark earth tones and various shades of gray. I'll see your :banghead: and raise you a :brentil:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Bonzo said:
One word, "BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!"
The only car in my eyes that the Solstice pales to... :willy:

That exact McLaren was for sale about two years ago. The seller registered www.mclarenforsale.com for it, and that car had a $250,000 upgrade package attatched to it. you can't really see from those pics, but the interior is black/kandy orange matched... and it comes with a matching tool kit. The engine compartment on the F1s are coated in $3600 of gold plating.

BMW-built McLaren F1 GTR engine:

Interior:

THAT'S how the Solstice should be color-matched!

ALSO NOTE: The cell-phone pocket in the picture of the seating!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah, the McLaren may be pretty. But what about the Trunk space, eh?

Eh?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Stop focusing on the color for one second and notice the pic of the rear. No exhaust tip on the right, but there's something odd in the middle... center exiting exhaust maybe?

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's just SOM (Sunset Orange Metallic), isn't it?

Looks like it's a C6 color too, and they seem to have a darker "burnt" version of it on G6s now.

I'm sure each company calls theirs something different. We need to have a consensus on these things. Imagine if "red" was just one particular company's name for that color and nobody else used it. lol

Funny story about the SOM - When I was looking for my car, I wanted a Black on Black 6-speed. (wanted a hard top, but some $#*@head decided to not make T/A's hard tops in '98 :cuss: ) I was intrigued by NBM (Navy Blue Metallic), and didn't even know about MRM (Maple Red Metallic), and I hadn't seen any of them. I wasn't gonna buy a car with a color I had never seen before, so I went with Black (had an '88 GTA in black, knew it would look good). When we got to the dealer, they had a SOM WS6 sitting on the pad and my dad and I were talking to one of the salesmen about it and we all agreed that it was a fugly color.

Had they had an NBM there, I'd have changed my order (and I wish they did. :( ), but now, I think SOM is an awesom color, particularly on that car. Strange how things can grow on you. lol

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Dreamer said:
Yeah, the McLaren may be pretty. But what about the Trunk space, eh?

Eh?
Look at the first picture I posted, and look just in front of the rear wheels. Those little wings are the doors to the luggage compartments. I recall somewhere between 7-10 cubic feet... and the car comes with color-matched (in this case, black and orange) luggage.

Not to mention there are two passenger seats, so you and your friend can go golfing, and put two sets of clubs in the other passenger seat.

AND There is a cellphone pocket in front of the seats.

...but of course, the entire car weighs less than a Miata, and Has 627bhp. (The LM has 691)

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
brentil said:
Stop focusing on the color for one second and notice the pic of the rear. No exhaust tip on the right, but there's something odd in the middle... center exiting exhaust maybe?
I think that is a middle exhaust, similar shape like the SKY, what do you think?.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts