Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Real similar to the 2 previously posted, but goes a bit into Pontiac trying to appeal to the tuner crowd and folks who wouldn't normally by a domestic car. Other than that, it's nothing groundbreaking and is mostly the same as the other threads.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102194

You have to admit this would be the sexist race car since the AC Cobra strutted its stuff!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Where did you get the image from?

Because unfortunately this looks like a chopped edition of the foam Concept Coupe that someone twinned the exhaust and put a different color on it along with a tint on the rims. Oh and they made the fake air outlet look bigger too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
brentil said:
Where did you get the image from?

Because unfortunately this looks like a chopped edition of the foam Concept Coupe that someone twinned the exhaust and put a different color on it along with a tint on the rims. Oh and they made the fake air outlet look bigger too.
But you've got to admit that the concealed B pillar makes the outline very striking, not unlike the Curve.

Personally, I'd keep the center mounted vertically placed exhaust outlets that the GM boys put on their foam mockup--I haven't seen that too often, and it looks really cool.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
In this picture, door handles are visible at the top of the painted surface at the rear edge of the door, just below the glass. Push down yellow covers hide the indents.

Would love it if this roof and upper rear end were available as an interchangeable, bolt on replacement for the convertible rear deck. Winter with a coupe, summer with a convertible!

Also like the much bigger indents by the emblems behind the front wheels.

·
Registered
163 Posts
mcbman said:
:agree: Me Too!
This coupe will help GM sales. If the roadster starts at $19,995 then the coupe should start around $17,000 and fully loaded at $22,000. I would put my order in now for a fully loaded one.

·
Registered
753 Posts
:agree:
with the production of the solstice roadster they must be 90% on the development of the coupe. i wouldn't bother stretching the chassis... i'd just put it on the market as a 2 seater.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's a bad photochop is what it is.

Nice exhaust, though, I like the twin pipes that slant in the same direction despited being on opposite sides. :yesnod:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why Not Yellow for this year's Solstice?

mikefred1952 said:
Really does look nice in Yellow! :)
This car looks sooooo good in yellow, where was the yellow when they put together the color palet for this year's Solstice? It would have looked great.

·
Registered
281 Posts
AZJuez said:
This car looks sooooo good in yellow, where was the yellow when they put together the color palet for this year's Solstice? It would have looked great.
Yellow is a terrific color and GM's got one of the best yellow's around. Seems like GM's saving yellow for the FI Solstice, or at least letting people salivate for a couple years waiting for it.

My ideal Solstice would be yellow with black wheels with a polished rim.

And big Batman symbols on the doors!

Just kidding.

About the Batman symbols.

Not about the yellow and black wheels, though.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The Batman said:
Yellow is a terrific color and GM's got one of the best yellow's around. Seems like GM's saving yellow for the FI Solstice, or at least letting people salivate for a couple years waiting for it.

My ideal Solstice would be yellow with black wheels with a polished rim.

And big Batman symbols on the doors!

Just kidding.

About the Batman symbols.

Not about the yellow and black wheels, though.
I'm Mr. #1 supporter of yellow and orange color choices. From the podcast we heard though apparently GM is going to be releasing new colors every 6 months or so. I'd have to listen to it again but I think he said yellow as one. We'll have to wait and see. Lack of yellow has been one of the main things making me want to wait to get a Solstice. I went with black because the images make it look so sexy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
jimbo said:
Real similar to the 2 previously posted, but goes a bit into Pontiac trying to appeal to the tuner crowd and folks who wouldn't normally by a domestic car. Other than that, it's nothing groundbreaking and is mostly the same as the other threads.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102194

You have to admit this would be the sexist race car since the AC Cobra strutted its stuff!

That car is beautiful. I don't know if I want the hard top or the vert now.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Solo said:

That car is beautiful. I don't know if I want the hard top or the vert now.
Well first off that's a photochop of a car that doesn't exist. Secondly, there are curently no plans for there to be a Coupe Solstice. So you might be waiting a very long time to get a car that looks remotely like that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

This is sickening, speaking of racing, the new Forza Motorsport game for x-box has a Solstice that you can qualify to drive.

The sickening part is that my son gets to drive a Solstice before I do.

He hasn't qualified yet to drive the Solstice so I can't tell you about what the experience is like, however, that's how they designed the Solstice (by computer simulation) so I guess it should be good.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
CanSol said:
This is sickening, speaking of racing, the new Forza Motorsport game for x-box has a Solstice that you can qualify to drive.

The sickening part is that my son gets to drive a Solstice before I do.

He hasn't qualified yet to drive the Solstice so I can't tell you about what the experience is like, however, that's how they designed the Solstice (by computer simulation) so I guess it should be good.
Was it the Coupe Concept or was this a real convertible Solstice? I plan on getting the game soon, I jsut haven't had time to yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts