Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Two-tone leather interior Sly, Vin #2815, has found it's way home to a friend of mine from work here in Northern VA (Tyson's Corner) via Farrish Pontiac. I'm not sure about all the other options other than A/C and ABS, but I do know he did pay MSRP period. woo hoo!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
SolsticeEnjoying said:
A Two-tone leather interior Sly, Vin #2815, has found it's way home to a friend of mine from work here in Northern VA (Tyson's Corner) via Farrish Pontiac. I'm not sure about all the other options other than A/C and ABS, but I do know he did pay MSRP period. woo hoo!
deliveries surely seem to be picking up now...is it time to formally take names for the MD/NOVA solstice club now!?!?!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PAO said:
deliveries surely seem to be picking up now...is it time to formally take names for the MD/NOVA solstice club now!?!?!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
542 Posts
No. Va Solstice Owner

I want in on the N. Va Solstice owners club. I have had mine since mid September and have 2600 miles on it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hopefully I will be too before the end of the month :)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
OK..sent everyone PMs..for a good email address...I will serve as the unofficial executive secretary for the moment of the MD/NOVA solstice club..will consolidate the names..and publish same to all who are interested....tell me your screen name here with the email...and status of your solstice...

cheers..Paul

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Beltway Sol

After 2 months, I think I'm still the only Solstice on the Beltway. Haven't seen anyone else out there.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
65MGB said:
After 2 months, I think I'm still the only Solstice on the Beltway. Haven't seen anyone else out there.
And I thought that I was the only Solstice on the Washington Beltway! LOL! We are obviously traveling different sections at different times! Hope to see you one of these days!

·
Registered
259 Posts
beltway

I was on 95 last night quite near the Beltway, also in Laurel, and at WAL-MART.

I have seen 2 other Solsticesssss on the road... one from PA driving south on Colesville near the Beltway, one on Skyline Drive. Plus I see whats-his-names over at Fox all the time, just not yet on the road (How we will resist racing down Rte. 1 is a mystery to me).

Count me in on the NOVA/MD/DC club

Backstage

·
Registered
905 Posts
Backstage said:
I was on 95 last night quite near the Beltway, also in Laurel, and at WAL-MART.

I have seen 2 other Solsticesssss on the road... one from PA driving south on Colesville near the Beltway, one on Skyline Drive. Plus I see whats-his-names over at Fox all the time, just not yet on the road (How we will resist racing down Rte. 1 is a mystery to me).

Count me in on the NOVA/MD/DC club

Backstage
I'll be racing down 95/Rte. 1 to College Park 5 days a week in my Solstice, we'll definitely pass each other eventually.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Backstage said:
And I was on the Beltway just now, going to lunch. I'll keep my eyes open...

Backstage
Since 40 mph winds are predicted with the impending stormfront moving into the area later today - right around rush hour, of course! - I choose to leave SUNSTED at home today, in the safety of the garage.

BTW, Since my daily commute takes me into NoVA from Maryland daily, I'm usually on the Beltway between 5:40 am and 6:10 am in the morning, and 3:30pm - 5:00 pm in the evening. And I travel the western route that goes over the Legion Bridge into VA (and into MD on the way home).

With all the great weather we've been having, I'm sure we'll continue to have a few top-down days every now and then!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am right off the beltway in Tyson's Corner...why don't we plan a lunch gathering...

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
ok..got a few more members PMing me..will try to get a list together this weekend and distro to all with emails and screen names here..if anyone doesnt want me to distro there email that was fowarded to me..let me know

r, Paul

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
I am in Arlington, VA right off 395.

____
VIN #3102, Deep/Black Leather, Bought and drove home on 11/15/05.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wannasolstice2 said:
I am right off the beltway in Tyson's Corner...why don't we plan a lunch gathering...
Sounds like a plan, Wanna! PM me for details, but I'm off next week, back in the office on the 28th.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Sent you a PM

PAO said:
OK..sent everyone PMs..for a good email address...I will serve as the unofficial executive secretary for the moment of the MD/NOVA solstice club..will consolidate the names..and publish same to all who are interested....tell me your screen name here with the email...and status of your solstice...

cheers..Paul
____

Sent you a PM with my email address

·
Registered
542 Posts
SolsticeEnjoying said:
Sounds like a plan, Wanna! PM me for details, but I'm off next week, back in the office on the 28th.
Not sure your proximity (work) off the beltway, but if your closer to Laurel do you want to meet at the fairview park marriott...that's about all I know of the beltway...or, we can meet in Tysons Corner. Let me know, the 28th works for me.

It will be great to see another Solstice on the road...kind of like looking in the mirror.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I live in MD but Sol not due in until spring. How large of an area will VA/MD club cover?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Solstice in MD

I have an order for a Solstice with King Pontiac in Rockville on 355 near Shady Grove Road. About a week ago the internet sales manager called to tell me they had just gotten in two cars, pre-sold, one blue the other black. One of them in blue was going to be on the showroom floor and I was told to come on and take a look. The owner was going to pick it up this past Monday. I dropped by twice, once with a colleague and once with my 17 year old.

This evening (Thursday) the internet sales manager called to tell me the blue one is now for sale as the deal apparently fell through with the original buyer. He asked if I was interested. Turns out I wasn't because it wasn't exactly configured the way I wanted. I decided that I didnt' like the painted wheels and would rather have the brushed aluminum or chrome. ONe of the few cosmetic features I care about.

So, if you or someone you know is interested in the Solstice you ought to give King Pontiac a call. One word of caution. The sales manager did indicate they were going to be asking more than MSRP for the car.

I hope that my car will be ordered in December or January. I have yet to see one driven in Montgomery County, where I live and work, or in DC where I spent time.

AlfaMan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts