Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
third

I saw that listing too. Wonder what they are going to do about the sales tax and other costs of buying the car-if the car must be the confirmed EOP's name. I also saw that the first 1/1000 car ended at 27,100., that was to the Miami dealership-wonder if they'll actually get that car even after reports to GM and to ebay. (?)

·
Registered
146 Posts
1/1000 rules?

Per ebay item question/answer....

"The options ordered for this car include air conditioning, two-tone leather seats, and polished aluminum wheels. Exclusive First Orders Received from Customers in 47 States On April 15, 2005; 1000 people where first in line to participate in a special promotion announced on The Apprentice. Only 41 minutes were required to sell out of the specially-badged "First 1,000" Solstices. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE VEHICLES. Orders were received from more than 650 dealers in 47 states. This car is not located in PA, but in Rochester, NY. Thus, the winner will pay all applicable taxes and fees (ie NYS sales tax). I have looked into the rules of the contest. In this case, THE DEALER acquired the bid for the cars and thus all the winner of this auction needs to do is show up with the pre-order form (which I have) and complete the auto purchase in person. The interior is already selected and is, I believe, tan and black."

http://contact.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...equested=bmarble98&ShowASQAlways=1&redirect=0

wouldn't that be like the Miami dealer-who was suppose to have lost out on getting a solstice 1/1000 - after being reported? How could they of been confirmed -as a non GM employee? Hummmm

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It does sound suspicious based on that writeup. If the car is in the name of someone at the dealer. However, he said he looked into the rules, maybe he has the car in someone else's name that is not on the payroll, and plans to "sell" it to that person, then "sell" it from that person to the actual buyer right away.

Something tells me GM will be in touch with this seller as soon as they see the listing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How does he know that there are only 150 black "Mysterious" orders? Sounds fishy to me. I ordered black and the dealer didn't say that the color would be limited. What if all 1,000 of us ordered black? I don't think that would be a problem. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to wonder where everybody is, don't you. There are what, 100 or less, of us who are excited about the car and are on this forum. Out of the other 900, I expect there are several First 1000s that are not exactly rule-abiding. I really hope that's not the case, but these kinds of deals on e-bay make you wonder. Did ya notice they came out of the woodwork after the final Apprentice episode?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
sounds like another deal to turn over to Pontiac..

This is very fishy.. first of all.. why would the dealer work with this guy to sell the car.. especially since this "seller" says the dealer won't mark up the car...

I'd think the dealer would do just fine selling the car on his own. Why bring national attention to the fact that you're not playing by the rules?

Either the dealer or the seller isn't totally on the up and up..

·
Registered
230 Posts
I guess that's not too bad of a way to make a quick $1k for a morning's worth of work. Of course, you'd have to be a complete idiot to give one up. Mine's not going anywhere! (although I did toy with the idea of getting the #2 guy in line to buy mine if I promised to keep it hidden (he might've gone for it too; he's got gobs of ca$h))

·
Registered
110 Posts
OK, which one of you did it

I've been monitoring the Ebay auction that ended today and several times someone bid and then retracted the bid for various reasons; one within the last few minutes of the action. Now you know the seller was watching when an acceptable 3K bid was put in :willy: and then it was retracted :banghead:
I'm kinda neutral on the thing but it was a bit humerous. I couln't help but think it might be one of our more 'devoted' members. :glol:

Anyhow, the 2,250 bid was marked "reseve not met". I wonder how much it cost to advertise this???

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you look in the Ebay information you can find how much it costs to list a car on their system. I believe it's a fee + a % of the car cost.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed I'd check and the car would have a $3,000 bid and then it would be back at $2,250 or whatever. I figured someone was retracting their bid. Maybe they were just trying to figure where the reserve was set at.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:party: Just for kicks, this is my 100th post!!!! Thought I might as well do it on a thread I started. Thanks for your continued support!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
It costs a percentage of the sales price, up to about $50 max. You have the option of purchasing special items for your auction (like "featured item" which acts like the "sticky" function in the forums, etc.).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts