1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Another individual just looking to make a profit. At least its not a dealer.

He isn't promising June delivery, just stating that they should start manufacturing the cars in June.

·
Registered
263 Posts
cdb said:
6% sales tax for the first buyer and 6% for the second. the state of pennsylvania thanks you very much.
That is a real drag. My state will refund your sales tax paid if the car is sold within 30 days of registration. It's not public knowledge; something small dealers know about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Delnari said:
That is a real drag. My state will refund your sales tax paid if the car is sold within 30 days of registration. It's not public knowledge; something small dealers know about.
Anyone know what the rules are for California and whether this rule applies? I'm thinking of selling mine if I end up buying an Acura TSX instead from being tired of waiting.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

from my experience when I transfered to a job in Cal. If you buy a car within three months of entering the state for residency, you will pay taxes on the whole price even though you paid taxes in another state. It cost me $1700 dollars to register a Dodge Colt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those ebay guys are not disclosing that...

del_utz said:
Currently there is a Solstice on EBAY, it is being auctioned as a apprentice Solstice. THe seller is auctioning off the " right " to buy it.
http://search.ebay.com/pontiac-solstice_Passenger-Vehicles_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfclZ4QQfromZR6QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZ6001QQsacurZ0QQsaslopZ1
...they have to buy the car then transfer it to the ebay bidder. Maybe they don't know that Pontiac is requiring that the person who orders the car be the buyer or they don't get the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts