Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to my local dealer today (Michigan) and was told the following:
Fax over the list of options / color you want to be input into our system. The way the Apprentice thing will work is that you will watch the show and log in to get special code (this much we know). If you are one of the 1st 1000 you will get a special code (sounds familar) now the spin. You will call us and we will add this code to your order so that GM gives it a 'preferred' status.

While much of this sounds like the information we have seen, the preferred status thing threw me for a loop. Does this mean that they put in their regular allocation orders then tag up to 5 for the preferred 1st build? Does this mean that if you don't get one of the first 1000 your car still get preferred status and will go to the top of the regular production build?

Guess it just sounded odd, as I thought that you had to have your Apprentice code then go to the dealer and hope that you were one of the 1st 1000 at the Dealer not the 1st 1000 on the website to get the code.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea that does sound strange (1000 first codes on the web site vs. 1000 order from dealer). I have to figure it's first 1000 dealer orders because what if 10,000 yahoos go to the web-site to look at the car and get a code and never visit a dealer. Has to be from the dealer that counts.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:agree:

I was thinking the same thing! Like you said a ton of people will probably be interested in looking at the car after seeing it on TV, but not have any real interest in purchasing (at least not the next day).

While I LOVE the idea of a 1st 1000 promotion this just seems like an odd way to do it. I'm a tech guy and even I hate having to hit a website at a particular time. Reminds me of waking up early and hitting the system first thing to register for college classes.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
airbalancer said:
what happen if you do not watch the show are sol :willy:
Just a wild guess.. but I'm thinking maybe, just maybe... if you ask nicely enough, someone here might post the information that you would need without watching the show.

(If I saw a smiley that was dripping sarcasm I'd use it.. but I don't see it to the right of the text box here as I type this)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
MisterE said:
Spoke to my local dealer today (Michigan) and was told the following:
Fax over the list of options / color you want to be input into our system. The way the Apprentice thing will work is that you will watch the show and log in to get special code (this much we know). If you are one of the 1st 1000 you will get a special code (sounds familar) now the spin. You will call us and we will add this code to your order so that GM gives it a 'preferred' status.

I reviewed the notices my dealer gave me and there is no mention of a prefered status form GM for the promo. I think this is dealer lingo for "I sold you a car now I got ya by the _alls"

·
Registered
285 Posts
I reviewed the notices my dealer gave me and there is no mention of a prefered status form GM for the promo. I think this is dealer lingo for "I sold you a car now I got ya by the _alls"
You know, that thought crossed my mind. Except the dealer has confirmed several times that I do not have to take deliverly and my deposit is refundable. Plus I talked to roughly 8 dealers in the area and this is one of two that I took a shine to.

I really think that this is just the side effect of an overly complicated promotion. TV Tie in great! Internet Tie in great! TV Tie in + Internet Tie in + Additional Dealership Tie In = A lot of confusion!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Except that the dealer shouldn't be making it more confusing. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I have to work that evening... does the show start at 9pm EST? If so I MAY be able to catch it.

If not, it had better be posted here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today. Pretty much confirmed what we all have been talking about with one small twist. He said that GM is requiring a $1,000 deposit for any early order submissions (Apprentice promotion).

I am listed as #1 of 5 but he will not take my deposit/order until they receive pricing on the options, etc. Estimates late March on pricing info :confused: .

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The Mayor said:
Spoke to my dealer today. Pretty much confirmed what we all have been talking about with one small twist. He said that GM is requiring a $1,000 deposit for any early order submissions (Apprentice promotion).

I am listed as #1 of 5 but he will not take my deposit/order until they receive pricing on the options, etc. Estimates late March on pricing info :confused: .
Hmmmm, most of the other dealers have been saying $500 down. Hopefully it's not $1000.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fortimir said:
I have to work that evening... does the show start at 9pm EST? If so I MAY be able to catch it.
If not, it had better be posted here.
Trust me, within minutes ;)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I don't think GM has specified or will specify an amount for a deposit. That seems to vary from dealer to dealer. I only put a $300 deposit on mine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No deposit amount has been specified by GM, and you know what, even if they didn't take a deposit, GM isn't gonna know!

There is a satellite broadcast to GM dealers on March 23rd where they're supposed to lay out a lot of the info on the early order program and shed more light on the car itself! This is a very exciting time!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Deposit

My delaer required a nonrefundable $500.00 deposit.

·
Registered
936 Posts
JERRYM said:
My delaer required a nonrefundable $500.00 deposit.
It is my understanding from my dealer that the deposit is refundable as part of the deal. Your dealer is playing games with you. Find another dealer.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
ateam_77 said:
It is my understanding from my dealer that the deposit is refundable as part of the deal. Your dealer is playing games with you. Find another dealer.
Yeah, the rules that dictate the ammount of deposit, and how much you can get back is based on the dealer. So if they say it's non-refundable that's because they've decided to be window lickers and give you the shaft. like ateam said though, find another dealer. They'll only rip you off if you let them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yup, the rules of the game are that "Customers will be required to provide a refundable deposit." And that is a direct quote from the Pontiac Program Summary. It'll be up to the dealer what dollar amount he want's as a deposit for the first 1000 program, but in any event, it can not be non-refundable.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Put my deposit donw last Thursday and they wanted $1,000. refundable. I am number 2 on the list. Dealer is in the Longwood area. As of this AM the still have only three on their top 5 list.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts