Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we end another week.
Still no Solstice in sight.
Will next week be mine and yours or will it be like all the other weeks.
We wait and wait ,If it takes as long to deliver as it has to be made.
Then we might see them by spring.
I no some day it will be here ,and it will be worth the wait.
Till next week ,Those of you who have your car ,Take it out for a spin for all of us who are waiting.Have a nice weekend.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
As we end another week.
Till next week ,Those of you who have your car ,Take it out for a spin for all of us who are waiting.Have a nice weekend.
That's a good poem. However, I prefer Kaiku:

Oh, Solstice!
Come to me now
But slowly, slowly

·
Registered
137 Posts
Kills me to wait, flustrating thing is the wait since DOB.
That is the gig Pontiac gave us, Date then Wait.
Kind of like a teasing woman.
Hurry up and wait,
Im ready for SNOW! NOT!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Pure Law said:
That's a good poem. However, I prefer Kaiku:

Oh, Solstice!
Come to me now
But slowly, slowly
Before anyone corrects you.
ITry this version:

Oh, Solstice!
Please do slowly come...
Come to me.

Or some derivative of 3, 5, 3. Or 5, 7, 5 of course.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
As we end another week.
Wouldn’t it be nice if GM just came out and told us what the hell is going on instead of all this speculation? What a bunch of A—holes (sorry mods) :cuss:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Of course you meant HAIKU, high school english class , I can almost remember . 60's child growing up with Triumph's, Sunbeam's, Austin Healy , MG. Good old days.

·
Registered
137 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree:
flaj said:
Wouldn’t it be nice if GM just came out and told us what the hell is going on instead of all this speculation? What a bunch of A—holes (sorry mods) :cuss:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ed McManus said:
Of course you meant HAIKU, high school english class , I can almost remember . 60's child growing up with Triumph's, Sunbeam's, Austin Healy , MG. Good old days.
If you have read the post on this forum you would know exactly what is going on. Shipment hold due to the replacement of the rear deck and top gasket and windows.

We even know that there are 3 crews working 7 days a week to get the cars out of the lots. Mine is being shipped on Monday. Yours will be shipped soon.

Enough GM bashing... the information gets out, but just not through an official word.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
If you have read the post on this forum you would know exactly what is going on. Shipment hold due to the replacement of the rear deck and top gasket and windows.

We even know that there are 3 crews working 7 days a week to get the cars out of the lots. Mine is being shipped on Monday. Yours will be shipped soon.

Enough GM bashing... the information gets out, but just not through an official word.
Like I said, speculation. I’m on this site more than I like to admit to, but I haven’t seen any official verification of all the re- inspection bla-bla-bla that’s tossed out here. I appreciate what SD and his ilk try to do for us to keep us informed, but believe me if the company that I work for “delighted” our customers the way GM is doing to us we would not be in business for long.
As far as “ramping up” goes, they are supposedly ramping up in the event of a strike by their parts suppliers – they can’t even provide for the demand they have now.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
flaj said:
Like I said, speculation. I’m on this site more than I like to admit to, but I haven’t seen any official verification of all the re- inspection bla-bla-bla that’s tossed out here. I appreciate what SD and his ilk try to do for us to keep us informed, but believe me if the company that I work for “delighted” our customers the way GM is doing to us we would not be in business for long.
As far as “ramping up” goes, they are supposedly ramping up in the event of a strike by their parts suppliers – they can’t even provide for the demand they have now.
Patients ! And it's not speculation either, we have pretty darn good sources. If you chose not to believe what we have to say then don't. Put us on your Buddy ignore list, then you'll know nothing. GM wants these cars to go out right, and they will as best as they can.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
deluke said:
Patients ! And it's not speculation either, we have pretty darn good sources. If you chose not to believe what we have to say then don't. Put us on your Buddy ignore list, then you'll know nothing. GM wants these cars to go out right, and they will as best as they can.
Hey, I'd never ignore you deluke. ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SolsticeDesire said:

I don't see in my thread were I am GM bashing.
I was just making conversation.
Not BASHING

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Andrew, I really believe we will see our cars this comming week.
I know mine is in the trucking company's hands and I think someone in NY was told their car was going out Monday and would arrive Wed. I think his was biult after ours.

Hang in there were almast home.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
As we end another week.
I spoke with the new car salesmanager at Milnes (Imlay City) and he confirmed the water problems, since I had left a message, just asking for a carrot in the form of a copy of the invoice and the vehicle order event code.(Which they did fax to me!!!) :) He also mentioned that a dealership north or them received a solstice with 2" water in the trunk. So I am happy to wait for the plant to correct problems before I take delivery. He thought it still may be 30 - 60 days before it comes in :( But with the news in the other thread of all the extra activity, maybe it will be sooner!! :) :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
kenf said:
I know mine is in the trucking company's hands and I think someone in NY was told their car was going out Monday and would arrive Wed. I think his was biult after ours.

Kenf
Just got E-Mail from dealer They have a Pre Production Solstice till Saturday
If anyone wants to see it .
Its in Gloucester Ma
Sudbay Motors.
Right off of Rt 128

·
Registered
350 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
I don't see in my thread were I am GM bashing.
I was just making conversation.
Not BASHING
Not you... I'm not sure what has happened to my quote, but I meant it to be for the A Hole comment

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
kenf said:

:agree:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts