Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m throwing up a hail-mary before I have my Solstice towed to the dealer. I have an automatic 2007 2.4 model with the Monsoon sound system. On Saturday I pulled out my working aftermarket head unit to connect a backup camera. When I turned on the ignition to check the camera operation there was a steady anti-theft lock light on the instrument cluster (car with padlock symbol), the car will not crank, the radio will not power up, and both key fobs stopped working. Everything else electrical still works. I have run through nearly every diagnostic/fix I could find on the internet and on this site, reinstalled the factory head unit and replaced the battery, none of which has solved the no start issue. I’m hoping someone out there has experienced this and knows the fix. One other note the anti-theft light is not flashing and never goes off regardless of how long the key is in the on position. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Also, I'm new at this, and I'm pretty sure I've been through all of the applicable posts, but please feel free to direct me to any that I may have missed.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
My 2008 Canyon would get locked out like that sometimes.
It would clear itself if I just let it sit for about 20 min.
I would just go talk to a dealer before I had it towed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Devoking. I let mine sit for the past 2 days and still no change. I did have the positive battery cable disconnected, so I'll reattach to a fully charged battery and wait another day or two. It certainly can't hurt. I did talk to a GMC/Buick service manager, but he had little to offer. Do you think it would be better to talk to a Chevy service dept?

·
Super Moderator
15,999 Posts
The BCM forgot the key. You can execute the relearn process in the owners manual.

It's also described in several threads. Look for key relearn

Basically you put the key in the ignition, follow a simple couple of steps and wait ten minutes. Then repeat twice more. I've had to do it twice.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
You could also have a fuse problem. Check Fuse 10 in the BCM to make sure it has not blown and that it is inserted fully.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rob. I've done the PassKey III+ relearn procedure 3 times with no success. I think the problem is that the security light never goes off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bailey, my guess is the low speed data buss is having issues.

Does the gas gauge read correctly????

I would take it to a Chevy dealer and they can check the DTC in a matter of a couple minutes.

It will pretty much pinpoint the issue.

Let us know what the fix was.

Larry

·
Registered
57 Posts
OK I was going to say Just take of the battery for a few minutes, you did that. Why would you want a back-up camera? My wifes CTS station wagon has a back-up camera that comes on as soon as you put it in reverse. She likes it but I can't see Jack with that dern thing blocking my mirror view! I put a piece of tape over the back lens and got some warning so it's back on for good. If I ever get that car second-hand that thing is coming OFF!

I had one of them theft systems on a 2005 Mustang. I didn't ask for it, it was a dealer add on. It was Ok until it started going off in the garage about once or twice a week for no apparent reason. When it did it at night at about three I said skewer this and un-hooked it.

So dont feel bad..... It wouldn't run!

I had to hook it back up and luckily drove it to Ford and had them remove it. So it cost me over $500 and then $285 to have it removed. If this Solstice has anti-theft, it has not gone off yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
@bailey.jeff8 Have you gotten this resolved? I have looked deeper into it and it appears that the problem could be in the data communications bus. The security system and the radio work on the same low-speed LAN, and it is possible that something happened to it while you were working on the head unit. If the wiring was damaged in some way you could have shut down the bus, and replacing the factory radio would not have solved the problem.

Did you by chance get into the BCM? There is a data-pak connector there that is the hub for the low-speed lan. One of the wires goes to the theft deterrent module, and would cause the problem you are having if it is damaged.

Do you have warning chimes? Lack of them could be an indicator of problems with the data bus.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, for delayed response. So, the car was towed to the local Chevy dealer last Friday. So far they have replaced the ECM, TCM, and BCM in that order and still can’t get it to stay running. I’m starting to get pretty frustrated as the cost increases but no resolution is in sight. They’ve now found burnt wires and they have blamed the problem on the aftermarket head unit that’s been in the car for 2 years, the led turn signals from RPM motor sports, and now the 2 week old battery. Honestly, it really feels like they’re guessing rather than diagnosing. We’re over $2k so far. I’m dropping off the factory head unit off tomorrow so that they can “return everything to stock” and run more tests. I’m not overly hopeful that the bleeding is done yet. Next, they’ll probably blame my DDM brace kit. I’ll post again when I hear something new. Thanks for staying tuned in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks John. I’m definitely taking a copy of this post with me to the dealer tomorrow. I appreciate the continued suggestions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts