Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
How many have rolled off the line?

Linedog, from the email us first 1000 buyers got today, we wouldn't know that until they were in transit. So with that said, about how many have been shipped, or how many have rolled off the line in the last two weeks? You are always one step ahead of the news, so please do share!!!

Can't wait to get mine.

Mysterious/Steel Sand interior

·
5,641 Posts
Primus said:
Couple that with the fact that most of our dealers are helpless and don't reply to phone calls or emails. I still get the "fourth quarter" bs from my salesman.
Keep in mind that Tuesday's customer only email from Pontiac still says "by end of October".

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm guessing that's because of a bad case of bet-hedging! :lol:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Keep in mind that Tuesday's customer only email from Pontiac still says "by end of October".
I understand that. It's just frustrating that my dealer can't get any information on a order status. Anything other then spewing "October" would make me happy.

They are probably hoping I cancel my order.

*edit* heck, I'd even be happy with a, "I'll look into it".

·
Registered
462 Posts
Primus said:
I understand that. It's just frustrating that my dealer can't get any information on a order status. Anything other then spewing "October" would make me happy.
:agree:
I Hear Ya!
I sent the following to my salesman after he sent me back a JCQ---#

3000 means accepted by production control.
3100 means available to be sequenced.
3300 means scheduled for production
4000 means available to ship
4200 means shipped
5000 means at dealer

He replied back with "I have no idea what those codes mean".
:banghead:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
mcbman said:
He replied back with "I have no idea what those codes mean".
:banghead:
I get the impression from my dealer that the general sale guys do not interface with the VOMS system. I'm guessing here but it might be more of a GM or sales manager function. That would explain why your sales guy (and mine) have no clue how to look things up.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
mceb said:
I get the impression from my dealer that the general sale guys do not interface with the VOMS system. I'm guessing here but it might be more of a GM or sales manager function. That would explain why your sales guy (and mine) have no clue how to look things up.
that is the case with my salesman..but he understands the system..and goes to the sales manager for his information...I expect a salesman to be knowledge of the system...not necessarily have access to it...but to know who does have access to it..and what questions to ask....but the more I see here the more I think Im lucky that I have a gentleman at the dealership who cares to make a return customer out of us...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Forget a vin number. My dealer emailed me today and said that I still don't have a tpw. :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't expect see any VIN announcements until 8/1 now. Hopefully, the dealerships will get all their first 1000 cars at the same time, and not make the others wait. My dealership is only getting 2, but some are getting 3 or more. If they do arrive together, will the VIN's be in consecutive order?

·
Registered
936 Posts
mssleepr said:
Forget a vin number. My dealer emailed me today and said that I still don't have a tpw. :(
I dont either and it is a pisser. I would think all 1000 would at least have that. I could wait better if I knew. I want my car in August.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
OK ... you gotta let us know how you found out. Did your dealer get the info? Did the EOP reps call you? Was it a result of your own inquiries or did somebody come to you with the info?

I'm sure everybody here wants to know.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Congratulations!!!

HYPUR said:
SIT DOWN FOLKS!!!!!!

VIN# 1G2MB33B76Y000022 !!!!!!

I'm #22
This is so cool for you! Now that someone has an actual VIN, my wife will have to be even more patient with my obsessive Solstice behavior.

--Chemist

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Chemist said:
This is so cool for you! Now that someone has an actual VIN, my wife will have to be even more patient with my obsessive Solstice behavior.

--Chemist
OSD - Obsessive Solstice Disorder.

I like it, it's got a ring too it.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
"Hi, my name is Byron, I have OSD"

SlipSlider said:
OSD - Obsessive Solstice Disorder.

I like it, it's got a ring too it.
Thanks for giving it a name! I can probably get a research grant now to "cure" it. (Say about $24,625 + TTL :lol: :lol: )

--Chemist

1 - 20 of 20 Posts