Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maybe

My dealer on the coast of central FL over by KSC has a customer getting Vin # 48. It may be there by now.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sarasota in waiting

We are in Sarasota and I believe ours is on the build line. Last tentative delivery date 9/9. :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SOL MAN said:
Any 1st 1k Sol's in FL Yet?
I plan on calling my dealer today or tomorrow, I'll ask them if they have the VIN # yet for their EOP car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Still waiting on #25 in Tallahassee. I spoke to the dealer last Friday and he said the computer showed it was off-loaded from a rail car on 8/15 and shows it was shipped again on 8/16 (we can only assume by truck?). The invoice he originally received said shipped on 8/7 and expected delivery 8/21. The computer shows it was shipped 8/11...

All I know is I am ready for my car now!!!! It is very frustrating to see all of these higher VINs getting delivered and mine is no where to be found. The only thing that keeps me sane is that I know I will still be the first one in town/in my area to have the car :)

I knew it wouldn't be delivered yesterday or today as the weather was beautiful. It is raining right now...maybe that means it is being unloaded? My family and I have the worst luck with things so I know it won't come unless the weather is terrible so I have to wait a few days to put the top down. (And yes, that was the case with my special ordered Jeep as well...it rained the afternoon I went to pick it up at the dealer and wasn't nice out for days!)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
C5Vette said:
My family and I have the worst luck with things so I know it won't come unless the weather is terrible so I have to wait a few days to put the top down.
So we know who to blame if we end up with another hurricane headed in our direction. Yep, that category 5 is coming right at us ... C5 must have just gotten his car. :devil:

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Darn you SlySol! I get to work this morning (insurance agent) and see that half of our companies are under binding restrictions as of this morning due to Tropical Storm Katrina...I told ya :willy:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Nooooooo! Quick! Call your dealer and reject the Sol ... maybe that will keep her from heading this way. :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Also in Tallahassee waiting

Sorry C5Vette you aren't the only Tally Solstice. I was told mine would be here by Sept. My dealer got the invoice 2 weeks ago. After driving one in Detroit, I can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah, but I'll have mine first (I think?) LOL :thumbs:

It's OK, this town's big enough for both of us!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Waiting in Bradenton

We are VIN 359. Our car was produced on 8/11. It went on "transportation hold" on 8/24 (I don't know what that means) and the target delivery date is 9/10. The guy at our dealership said that that date is to Tampa and may take 2-3 days to get to the dealer and 2 days to prep at the dealer (drive around town without getting caught). So I should expect it by 9/15. I told him to call me if he finds out it's on it's way to the dealership, or as soon as it arrives at the dealership, before it's prepped. Hopefully, that will happen. We'll see.

But, at least they ended my curiousity about How Much? They faxed me a copy of the Vehicle Order Detail and attached a BARS Document Display which shows the break down of all the options and MSRP for each option. No GMS pricing on this one, bummer! Though, still a bargain.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Bouncing Baby Solstice

Dealer called today with the good news. Baby #637, born on 8/25/2005, 2860 lbs., 157.2 in. long, red with black leather interior, polished rims and additional packages. Name to follow when it arrives home. Cigars for everyone! :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts