Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know.... it's a foolish question, but I thought I should at least check. My dealer still hasn't got his "showroom" model (hold on while I let the rage pass... showroom model before customer's car... aaaagh! - okay, it's passed), and he thinks my car is a good three weeks behind that. He's guessing Middle of this month for his car (now). has anyone seen a dealer/showroom car in Canada?

Anyone seen a production Sol in Canada?

How about Moose?

Sasquatches?

Anything at all?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
As the song goes "See You in September"

SlipSlider said something about an offical launch tomorrow at GM HQ in Oshawa. They may announce somethng at that time.

But the word I got back from GM Can is that we are waiting on the FIRST 1000 to be produced, just like our friends in the USA. So if the dealers here are getting cars, they must be preproduction ones.

Remember the story about the line needing to produce 86 cars before actual production started? Hmm how many Pontiac dealers are there here that are big enough to justify getting a Solstice. I went through all our cities and larger towns and came up with 80. I'll bet you a two-four of your favourite brew that those are the same cars. (If they all turn out to be black, we would definitely have our answer.)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Danno

Been waiting patiently as has everyone else. I ordered at my dealer on April 4th but have received no updates. They do know they are getting three and I am first in line. My dealer is a small city dealer but has very high ranking within GM. Hopefully this moves my car production to earlier rather than later. Any word on your car at all? Any production codes?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am constantly calling my dealer, and I think I must be driving him crazy - but he is as starved for info as I am... Pontiac Canada is not very forthcoming with delivery info... I have nothing more than an order number...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
got2btopless said:
Any word on your car at all? Any production codes?
Nope, mine is still sitting in the dealer's order bank.

Am sending a PM. ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Danno said:
Yes, I know.... it's a foolish question, but I thought I should at least check. My dealer still hasn't got his "showroom" model (hold on while I let the rage pass... showroom model before customer's car... aaaagh! -
My salesman said it is at the discretion of the dealer if they want to sell the "showroom model" He confirmed they are supposed to get a showroom car. They were only supposed to have an allocation of two but showed me they have seven on order; all mysterious . I guess they are hedging their bets and hope they get at least one Mysterious to sell. I wonder if all the other dealers are flooding the order bank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i'm in toronto, spoke to a sales rep at marvin starr today - he said that they have 2 coming in - expected them first or second week of september, but said they might come as early as last week of august.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Shades of Henry Ford, you can have any colour you want, as long as it is Blcak.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Shades of Henry Ford, you can have any colour you want, as long as it is Black.
Yeah, but in this case I'm happy with it!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I posted this elsewhere but here goes as it fits this thread.

I called my dealer this AM as I just returned from a month's vacation.

He told me that his first customer car will be there at the end of the month as it has been built and shipped.

My car (now a first allocation) will be at the dealer at the end of September.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Probably 2 per dealer @ 1st

I'm from Canada as well & ordered via friend that owns dealership. He said that the people on the forum probably know more than most of the dealers, that dealerships are not getting much info. When the H3 was launched they sent 2 of the same to each dealership. Usually they ship the most popular colour and fully loaded. He expects the same with Solstice and that you don't have to have a showroom car. He ordered 10 vehicles but does not expect to receive all 10.
Based on my request my order was changed a few weeks ago and it is not supposed to affect delivery date. However, I cannot be guaranteed that my car will ever be sent to this dealership. It will be luck of the draw and they will call me as each Solstice comes in to see if I want it or not.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I called my salesman and told about the mysterious 86 cars and suggested that was about the number of Pontiac dealers (worthy of getting a car) and he agreed that was about the right number.

Maybe we will know more after the GM Canada Solstice launch tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
LDM said:
Based on my request my order was changed a few weeks ago and it is not supposed to affect delivery date.
As long as your order hasn't been preferenced (picked up) you can make changes because the order is in the system but sitting in the dealer's order bank. Such changes shouldn't affect the delivery date unless you changed it to pick something that coincidentally is restricted at the time your order could have been picked up. (as happened with leather in June)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Delivery

Blunt said:
i'm in toronto, spoke to a sales rep at marvin starr today - he said that they have 2 coming in - expected them first or second week of september, but said they might come as early as last week of august.
Do you know if they were sold units?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts