Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to my dealer today and he said the invoice expired on 10/19 (whatever that means) and they received the title and paper work yesterday/today sometime, so he said it should be here pretty soon!!! He said he was surprised that it hadn't come in yet when I talked to him at 2:30, so he's betting on it being here within the next few days. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I was pretty much worthless at work for the rest of the afternoon after talking with my dealer.

I've gotten all of my cash into my checking account to be ready to pay the downpayment so I'm just waiting for that great, long-awaited call. That leads me to a question, do most dealerships take personal checks or will need a cashier's check?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
simmonsmb said:
Talked to my dealer today and he said the invoice expired on 10/19 (whatever that means) and they received the title and paper work yesterday/today sometime, so he said it should be here pretty soon!!! He said he was surprised that it hadn't come in yet when I talked to him at 2:30, so he's betting on it being here within the next few days. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I was pretty much worthless at work for the rest of the afternoon after talking with my dealer.

I've gotten all of my cash into my checking account to be ready to pay the downpayment so I'm just waiting for that great, long-awaited call. That leads me to a question, do most dealerships take personal checks or will need a cashier's check?
Well one time I got a pre approved loan from my credit union and all I had to do was write a personal check to the dealer for the entire ammount, then when I contacted the credit union the next day they put the money in my account to cover the check.... so as far as the dealers I have done business with yes they do...

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
simmonsmb said: "do most dealerships take personal checks or will need a cashier's check?"

They've always taken my personal check, if there was any down payment at all. They seem to know where I live! :)

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think they'd have an issue with accepting a personal check, but when we transferred the cash the lady at the bank asked if they would accept check so that got me thinking. I've not bought a car before so this is a completely new experience. My Camaro was an heirloom from my parents (I bought it from them and paid for my own insurance, gas, improvements, etc.) so I've not had to worry about buying a car from a dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts