Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone from ATL, Alpha, Etc... received their Solstice??

Actually, let me rephrase it...has anyone ordered one??

I'm meeting my dealer on friday to place my order, but wanted to see if anyone else in town has or is about to have one....

Let me know people!!!

Peace out!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Atlanta

VIN 98, a green one is coming to my dealer in Gainseville in the next couple of days. It is on a railcar somewhere and has not been unloaded yet.

Mine is not yet been built.

Steve

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Steve for the update, when did you ordered yours and when are you expecting it??

Does Vin 98 is in the board???

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Welcome aboard LatinGod. Do you teach latin? Just curious.

Vin98 is not on the Forum. :( Swiss, what color and options did you order?

Glad to see some more Georgians. :yesnod:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, I'm just an Almighty Latin...that's all...from Latin origin...of course as always we can debate what "from Latin origin means"...

Thanks for the Welcome Mate!!!

I'm meeting my dealer on friday to see what are my options, hopefully I can get mine by Spring '06

·
Registered
63 Posts
Updates

I have EOP Aggressive, glad to hear that VIN478 starts the Color Agressive. I ordered at 2:38 on the 15th. Interesting day to say the least. The car has all the options but smokers and xm. I picked a dealer in Gainesville as I figured that the dealer would have less demand.

VIN98 is not a forum member, the car was ordered in PA by a Lady. She got transfered down to GA and the funny part is she ordered no airconditioning. :devil: The car was loaded on rail on the 16th. We expect it to be unloaded in Lawrenceville at the rail yard over the next 3 days or so, then transport wait time until a trailor is loaded. The dealer will keep me posted so I will post when I hear it is at the dealership.

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
VIN98 is not a forum member, the car was ordered in PA by a Lady. She got transfered down to GA and the funny part is she ordered no airconditioning. The car was loaded on rail on the 16th.
No AC in Georgia! :eek: That poor soul. There goes May-August. :lol:

Let me know when it arrives. I would love to see one in person that is not on a slanted display stand.

Good luck at the dealer LatinGod.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stang,
Have you ordered yours??? When its due??

Swiss,
And on your, what ETA did you got??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Atlanta orders

LatinGod said:
Has anyone from ATL, Alpha, Etc... received their Solstice??

Actually, let me rephrase it...has anyone ordered one??

I'm meeting my dealer on friday to place my order, but wanted to see if anyone else in town has or is about to have one....

Let me know people!!!

Peace out!!

All I can tell you is the dealership on Cobb Parkway had 4 first allocation (all taken), Tom Kelly had 6-8 all taken (I ordered one from them in mid May until they decided to mark the car up over MSRP so I cancelled /They are jerks at this dealership). I decided to go to another larger dealership in mid June that had 18 first allocation where I am in the latter half of the allocation and supposedly won't get the car until December but at least it will be at MSRP (Plus my current car lease isn't up until November so the wait is just fine for my circumstances). My point is, there are other dealerships besides these three and I get the general idea that most are sold out of first allocation (at least within reasonable driving distance from the City of Atlanta). I do believe that there will be quite a few of these on the road in Atlanta and the surrounding area by the end of the year as a result. If you are just ordering, you may have to do a little research and digging in order to find one by the end of this year. But you may have to wait to take delivery until the next quarter (i.e. winter/spring 2006).

·
Registered
192 Posts
My fiance's is 1st Allocation, 4th at Lou Sobh in Duluth.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know the time constrains, and I don't expect to get it before Jan of 06, and that's ok with me, my current leasing MB C230K is up in Jan 18 06, so I'm ok with that....

I'll do some looking around... Thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Latin, I would move out of metro Atlanta to get to dealers who have not filled thier first allocation. With 10k orders on the books today, you are not going to see a car that is not in this first allocation before 2nd qtr of next year or later.

Steve

·
Registered
106 Posts
Vin #240 Is Due Any Minute At Colonial In Lawrenceville
[i Can Barely Keep Myself From Going Nuts].
Brian Is The Sales Mgr There And Has Been Very Helpful
And Told Me Tuesday That He Has A Cloth Solstice On
Order That Is Due Pretty Soon. The Buyers That Were Waiting
Were Given The Chance To Take It But They Are Waiting
For The Leather.
Deep Loaded List 25 Even No Smokers Pkg
Had The Test Drives In Detroit ,yes More Than One And Now I Have Lost All Ability To Be Patient.

·
Registered
33 Posts
272 is due in Atlanta in a few days

I spoke with someone from Pontiac Hdqts and found out that my Sol (Mysterious w/almost everything) was loaded on a train in Del and is now (as of yesterday) in Maryland somewhere. Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm waiting patiently!!! Says it should arrive in 3 or 4 days.

By the way, I bought from Tom Kelly and they're all great over there. Not sure who ya delt with PAN111), but they were all fabulous for me.

CeeLo

·
Registered
16 Posts
CeeLo said:
I spoke with someone from Pontiac Hdqts and found out that my Sol (Mysterious w/almost everything) was loaded on a train in Del and is now (as of yesterday) in Maryland somewhere. Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm waiting patiently!!! Says it should arrive in 3 or 4 days.

By the way, I bought from Tom Kelly and they're all great over there. Not sure who ya delt with PAN111), but they were all fabulous for me.

CeeLo
I would send this as a PM but I don't know how. Sorry!

First of all if you are in the First 1000 then I am guessing they had no choice but to sell you the car at MSRP so you wouldn't have the same issues as me. My original salesman was extremely nice and professional but he left to go to a small dealership in Decatur a few weeks after I put in my order so I was left to deal with Guy.

By the way, I made the order under the impression that it was at MSRP but then received a call after the fact informing me of the $3,000.00 mark up (by the way, this dealership expressly apologized for the mark up but their hands were tied becuase it was Pontiac that was making them do this). Of course keeping an eye out in the news and reading this forum, I realized that this was absolutely not true, so I wasn't too keen on the behavior of this dealership so far and made me wary of keeping my order through them. I began to question whether or not I was getting taken for a ride and decided to research what I could get at other dealerships. I approached Guy on the MSRP markup issue and explained to him that there are other dealerships willing to sell this car at MSRP and he wouldn't budge. That is his perrogative but it was his attitude towards me that was unacceptable. He was flat out rude and insulting and not very professional (to the point where a colleague standing next to us hearing everything told him to back off with his behavior). Once I found another car at MSRP at another dealership, I approached him one more time to give him a chance before I asked him to return my deposit and he declined. My electing to come in and pick up the check personally and not have it mailed to me illicited more unprofessional behavior. I felt like I was back in grade school watching his behavior (I am not kidding, I almost waited for him to stick out his tongue and make funny faces he was that unprofessional). The funny part was I maintained my behavior on a professional level and just listened patiently, got my check and went elsewhere. I wouldn't imagine you having to deal with something like this when there is really not much negotiating going on since you were involved with a promotion that had a specific set of rules. From his comments, I got the general impression that he didn't respect me as a woman, and thought that I would be weak and cower at his comments and take the car with the $3,000.00 mark-up. So I moved on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wooow....well, good for you and that you walked out of there....

Now, to everyone else, please if you don't mind once you get a Solstice, I would like to see if you wouldn't imnd showing it, I would really luv to be closer to it and hear the engine roar.....

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good for you Pan1110. And you may be right, becuase i'm 1st 1K it probably was different. I do have to say, all of the gentlemen treated me well, maybe because my husband is 6"4 / 300!!! <smile>.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please do so....

Thanks!!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts