Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm a Zero Zipper and I'm just trying to get a good idea of when production of the First 1K was completed.

Do we have any forum members out there in the First 1000 who have not yet heard what their VIN # is?

I sure hope not! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Flagg said:
Called Solstice headquarters and my dealer today, still no VIN for me.

First 1K, Cool.

Flagg
It must be 1,000 (or close to it) because it sure seems that everyone else has a VIN. I'm beginning to think mine has been scrapped and I'll end up with VIN 1007. At this point, I would gladly take a non-1st 1000 car if it means getting it more quickly. I'm definitely learning humility (or humilation). My co-workers keep asking me if I've received my imaginary car yet -- not funny! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Waiting Game

Called my dealer 1 1/2 weeks ago and they said I was one of the first K and should hear soon but still have not heard anything. :yawn:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Any first 1000 without a VIN should call HQ and ask for VIN #. They all should be in done by now IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
mceb said:
Any first 1000 without a VIN should call HQ and ask for VIN #. They all should be in done by now IMO.
I called this morning and was told no VIN and they were up 850. I was told to call back Friday. Maybe I should try Cricket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
dengel said:
Well, I'm a Zero Zipper and I'm just trying to get a good idea of when production of the First 1K was completed.

Do we have any forum members out there in the First 1000 who have not yet heard what their VIN # is?

I sure hope not! :)
I just called 2 minutes ago. Seeing other CA people have their VINs and are expecting their cars I was hoping they would have my VIN by now. Nope. They suggested calling back on Friday and that the last vin they had was in the 880 range. At this rate I hope to get mine before Halloween.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Yeah!

Guys...call both Pontiac HQ AND your dealer. Been in the same situation, and getting worried.

Called Pontiac HQ just 15 minutes ago, they said no VIN for me yet, that they were up to #862, and expected another report on Friday.

Within moments my dealer called with the good news: VIN #890, built 9/6 (yesterday), should arrive 4-5 weeks.

:party:

We're getting close guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
ask salesmanager

I went in yesterday and went to the salesmanager. He had a phone number he to GM, game them his code number, then he game then my order number and they were able to give me my vin # (956). But it wasn't in the computer system yet. Maybe you need to visit your salesman's boss and he or she can get you your vin #. (Especially with mine being so high).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
deluke said:
Flagg yours has to be made, maybe your dealer wants to suprise you. :)
Could be a REALLY unpleasent suprise :eek:

Hope not :leaving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
vpjdlirious said:
Called my dealer 1 1/2 weeks ago and they said I was one of the first K and should hear soon but still have not heard anything. :yawn:
Are you sure you are a F1k? If you are you would have known that for almost certain on 4/15 unless waitlisted. Also you would have received a couple of phone calls from the promotion headquarters as well as email or two, in addition a few gifts. A dealer telling you at the end of August - Oh, by the way we got you a First 1000 and that's all we can tell you- sounds to me a little fishy. Now if they have one coming that is being backed out of and they are putting it in your hands then congratulations, but seems to be info missing on someone's part if you are indeed F1k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
No VIN here either. Called HQ and they still have nothing for me. I've had more luck training a walrus to jump through flaming hoops than my dealer look up my VOM. I'm starting to feel bad bothering Cricket every week too. Might try HQ again on Friday... if still nothing, then I'm going to pretend it is X-mas and be surprised.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Spoke to HQ and Cricket today still no vin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Sol Deep said:
It must be 1,000 (or close to it) because it sure seems that everyone else has a VIN. I'm beginning to think mine has been scrapped and I'll end up with VIN 1007. At this point, I would gladly take a non-1st 1000 car if it means getting it more quickly. I'm definitely learning humility (or humilation). My co-workers keep asking me if I've received my imaginary car yet -- not funny! :(

But it is and I know what you mean thats what alot of my friends think.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
We have not received our Vin yet. I spoke with GM Headquarters yesterday and they were up to 865. So, our car has to be in the next 135. She told me to call back Friday as she thought all Vins would be given by then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
HSolstice said:
We have not received our Vin yet. I spoke with GM Headquarters yesterday and they were up to 865. So, our car has to be in the next 135. She told me to call back Friday as she thought all Vins would be given by then.

Yeah, they told me to call Friday as well. It may very well have been built already, but if it was neither Solstice headquarters nor my dealer have gotten an update yet.

Hopefully Friday we will all finally have at least a number...

Flagg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Sol Deep said:
It must be 1,000 (or close to it) because it sure seems that everyone else has a VIN. I'm beginning to think mine has been scrapped and I'll end up with VIN 1007. At this point, I would gladly take a non-1st 1000 car if it means getting it more quickly. I'm definitely learning humility (or humilation). My co-workers keep asking me if I've received my imaginary car yet -- not funny! :(
GM must be becoming the laughing stock because I think most of us go through the same thing and thousands of people are aware of how this thing has drug on. I don't even answer the question anymore just give a disguested look and go on.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top