Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, but I have read through many of the threads on this site. Such a wealth of inside information on this great-looking car. If this question has been directly answered, I am sorry but I did not see it.

Any ideas when a non-preordered car will be available at dealerships for test drive/trunk size checking/delivery?

·
5,641 Posts
Welcome. Based on the order numbers from last Friday, it could be a while before a non pre-ordered Solstice hits your favorite dealer's lot. A lot will depend on the amount of cars your dealer is allocated and the amount of orders generated. Many dealers took enough orders Friday to go past thier EOP cars and first four months of production.

See & Look. Keep in touch with your dealer and have them call you when one lands to see & look. Since it will be a pre-order you may not get a chance to drive. Pontiac is saying the cars will hit the dealers this fall.

Drive. May be later then fall to drive. One other possible drive chance, could be GM's Auto Show in Motion. If it comes to your area late summer or early fall, there could be a Solstice to drive. Watch www.autoshowinmotion.com for locations.

·
5,600 Posts
I don't know when Sol's will start to show up in dealer show rooms. And I don't know when you will be able to test drive one. Some help I am...

But I don't think you will be able to test drive one any time soon. I am going to guess that with very small allocations, the initial 10,000 or so will sell on looks alone at above MSRP without having to offer test drives. So that's what I'm expecting to see.

I'm sure the Sol will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip. I will drop by the dealer on the way home from work one day this week and try to get some intel.

The Auto Shows in Motion aren't anywhere near where I live, so I don't think that'll work.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Some dealers are trying to swing deals with early customers to even display their Solstice for a month in the showroom.

One small good thing about dealers who mark up cars is there might be one hanging around the lot to look at ;) OK so I'm stretching a little here...gotta find a silver lining :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention that I have access to the GM supplier discount, which may not be available for this car until next year, based on what I've read on this forum.

Looks like I'll have to be patient for a year or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts