Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Only 2 from KY.. How bout KYana, S. OH, N. TN?

I've seen OH, FL, TX etc... NO KY. Please post if you're around.

FYI Ordered though Courtesy Pontiac in Lexington.... pretty happy with them so far.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Sourthern Kentucky here. Corvette City. Nice to see someone else from the Blue Grass State. I know there was a 1st 1000 Solstice for sale by someone in KY. That's been awhile back. And I think I've seen one other person from Kentucky, oh yeah z3404. My solstice was built on 10-11. I don't expect it before Thanksgiving, but who knows? Good luck.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Sydney - Thanks for the post.... I noticed z3404 and thought about pm, but I didn't want to be bothersome. As far as I know that's it! Courtesy in Lexingon has 4 ordered. 2 expected in '05. Mine and someone else.

Anyway, please keep this thread updated when you find out anything new. My Sol went to 3400 on 10/19, so If I'm lucky, maybe Santa will bring it. I guess I need to get one of those fur lined bomber caps cause the tops GOTTA go down!

US68 pretty much runs from BG right by Danville.... That would be a pretty drive in your new solstice. I'll pick up dinner if you make the drive. :lurk:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Louisville Area

Hi
I'm a bit south of Louisville on the Ohio river. Yhea a drive or ride would be great. I'll be plesantly suprised if I have mine by the end of the year. We'll stay in touch. There is a Doctor in Elizabethtown that has a first 1000 but haven't seen any sign of him on the forum.

·
Registered
292 Posts
z3404 said:
Hi
I'm a bit south of Louisville on the Ohio river. Yhea a drive or ride would be great. I'll be plesantly suprised if I have mine by the end of the year. We'll stay in touch. There is a Doctor in Elizabethtown that has a first 1000 but haven't seen any sign of him on the forum.
I wonder where he ordered it. I placed an order with Swope in E'town back in July. They didn't mention any 1st1K orders. I was #8 on their list. I canceled that order when a #4 spot opened up locally.
If mine comes in this month I won't be driving it, as I had an accident that left my right pretty much useless for shifting gears. I may be back in the driver's seat by December though. Hope we have a typical Southern Kentucky
winter this year with very little snow.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello Bowie. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I saw a newpaper article about the doctor picking up a 1st 1K from Sam Swope in Etown thats the only info I have on that car.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well now we're starting to get a pretty good group for KY people. Thanks for joining in z3404 and Brownie. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to GM's order processing. I am #1 on Courtesy Pontiac's list out of Lexington. I hope to hear some good news in the next day or so. (maybe a VIN)

I'm thinking about organizing a Spring Solstice meet during Keenland's spring meet. Would you folks be game? I am hoping that if a bunch of us got together, we could get pontiac to pay for our admission and buffet in the Pheniox room :) Don't know if we can make that work, but if you don't ask, they can't say no. Could you image in the attention they would get if we could get a solstice in each color to park together by the front gate? There is no way they would not get 3-4 orders for cars THAT DAY!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have a brother that live in Nicholasville outside of Lex. I have been trying to get him to order a Solstice. The first trip we took in our Solstice was in Ky. Love the roads there.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ateam_77 said:
I have a brother that live in Nicholasville outside of Lex. I have been trying to get him to order a Solstice. The first trip we took in our Solstice was in Ky. Love the roads there.
Mike Edmundson at Courtesy in Lexington is the new car sales manager there. He's been good. Just passing on to me what Pontiac has been feeding him....

·
Registered
13 Posts
You'll never believe this but my car (by the grace of god) arrived today!!!! Unreal, I'm still in shock!!! #4727!!!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bowie said:
You'll never believe this but my car (by the grace of god) arrived today!!!! Unreal, I'm still in shock!!! #4727!!!!
If you are pulling our legs, I'm gonna have to stop by on my way to Cinci and GIVE YOU A SERIOUS CUSSIN' ;)

That is AWESOME! :grouphug: :party:

Did you get any advanced notice? Have you followed the event codes? OK, I'm excited now because I can fantasize about the truck leaving Florance and heading to Lexington! :cool: Be cool.... just be cool....

·
Registered
292 Posts
bowie said:
3400 to delivered in 15 days. That's got to be a record. Congratulations. :party:
I guess I need to call my dealer, mine was built on 10/11. :cool:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey KY Folks... Sounds like most of us are in the "triangle" between Louisville, Lexington and Cinci. It also sounds like we SHOULD have cars pretty soon.

Are you planning to store your car for winter or drive it? I'm driving mine. Would anyone be interested in meeting around Big Bone Lick State park and going for a Top up drive around Christmas? I figure Big Bone Lick is fairly central and would be within 1.5 hrs for any of us.

Am I missing someone down south.... BG maybe? Please speak up if I am... not intentional.

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
Darrin

4495 has arrived

Merlin is mine !!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KY Lights

The Kentucky Horse park has a wonderful drive through light display. It runs though 12/31.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was in Louisville for Christmas and spotted a gray Sol near The Summit Mall. I believe it was the 23rd or Christmas Eve. My brother in law is very familiar with the car and said he hadn't seen one in town. It was my 2nd day intown and I spotted this one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
KYSol,

Hello to another Danvillian! I moved to Danville when I was 6, went to Toliver, Bate Jr. High, and Danville High School (graduating in 1976), then on to Vanderbilt afterwards (and have stayed in Nashville ever since). My parents still live in Danville, and I was just up there over Christmas. Fantastic town that I visit often (as I come up to see some UK basketball games that my father has season tickets to).

My Solstice should be in around March 1st, and I am going to help get together a Middle Tennessee Solstice group, and I want to make sure we keep in touch with you KY folks in case we might want to all meet up somewhere together (say at the Corvette Museum, Mammoth Cave, etc).

Definitely let me know if you do an event up your way, as I'd love to come up anytime you have one planned. How about a ride over to the Maker's Mark Distillery and a nice lunch at Shakertown?

By the way, my 30 year Danville High School class reunion is this summer, and I plan on taking my red Solstice up for that. I took my red NSX back in '96 for my 20th, a Speed Yellow '98 Porsche C2S I owned in '01 for my 25th, so everyone sort of expects me to show up in something flashy. I don't think the Solstice will disappoint at my 30th. :)

My direct e-mail is [email protected] in case you ever need to contact me.

Mike
'91 NSX (with 29k miles)
'06 Agressive Red Solstice (on order)
'72 Chevelle Convertible
'69 Chevelle (25k original miles)
'93 Miata
GTO Convertible (being fully restored for my wife)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts