Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen many (if any) people from good old Lousy-ana. Anybody out there? Or from east Texas or south Arkansas (Shreveport is practically part of both states. Our area is call the Ark-La-Tex)? :cool:

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
BriBoop: When you go to the Lousiana Solstice dinner, looks like there will be a table for one.

Really, I don't see ANY LA on excelsior's list!

But you can come to our parties in Texas, Bri. We tend to be quite hospitable with our Lousiana friends! Welcome!

PS: My step-daughter is there in Nacogdoches, TX, graduating in December from SFA.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
For now, Katrina could have something to do with that. Most of the states population has to have lived in the New Orleans area, and the vast majority is more than likely still displaced. Solstices are probably not their highest priority at this point either.

I hope they can get their city and state back to functioning and habitable as soon as possible!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gizmo2004 said:
BriBoop: When you go to the Lousiana Solstice dinner, looks like there will be a table for one.

Really, I don't see ANY LA on excelsior's list!

But you can come to our parties in Texas, Bri. We tend to be quite hospitable with our Lousiana friends! Welcome!

PS: My step-daughter is there in Nacogdoches, TX, graduating in December from SFA.

Thanks Gizmo--

I have several friends in the Master of Communication Disorders program at SFA. Its a good school. I graduated from LSUS. We're not the Tigers-we're the Pilots. The friggin' riverboat pilots. How queer.

Yeah, probably won't see many evacuees driving Solstii. But I am guessing there would be more Solstices bought in Shreveport and Baton Rouge than in New Orleans in the first place. I know there are some here, since I am 5th on the list at my dealer. Guess they're just not forum savvy.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
And BriBoop: are you still in NYC, or back in Shreveport?

You said you were leaving the country early in October. Where'd you go? You sound like a jet-setter! :)

For both of you, if you have VINs, please put them in your signature. At the top of any page of posts, select User CP and then Edit Signature. You can put all kinds of information there, helps us keep track of who you are! Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm from Monroe, the northeast corner of the state.

Lotsa folks - as indicated by Fforumla88's comments - think New Orleans is Louisiana. They also think we all have to step over aligators to get to the flat-bottom boats we to out of the swamp and to our vehicles.

This part of the state is Mississippi Delta farm land and guys driving Z-71s with eight-inch lift kits and 42-inch tires. If I ever get my Sol , I'll live in constant fear of Bubba going monster truck on me. But that's a big if.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SolGoddess said:
I'm #3!!! Did you get to see the one they had up there for like a week?
Yeah, I tried to sit in it, but they wouldn't let me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gizmo2004 said:

You said you were leaving the country early in October. Where'd you go? You sound like a jet-setter! :)

For both of you, if you have VINs, please put them in your signature. At the top of any page of posts, select User CP and then Edit Signature. You can put all kinds of information there, helps us keep track of who you are! Thanks.

I am expectiing my VIN any day now. I am #5 at Morgan Pontiac. What about you SolGoddess. VIN yet? I guess you went to Morgan Pontiac as well?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gizmo2004 said:

Yeah I got back Monday from a cruise around Italy, Greece, and Croatia. It was pretty fun. I go to NYC Nov. 18th to visit friends. The Europe trip kind of fell into our laps. My hubby's parents were supposed to go on the trip sponsored by FOX because they do a lot of TV advertising with them, but they decided not to go, and let us go instead. Pretty nice, eh?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts