Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a used Solstice in about a year. The Solstice is going to be my daily driver and the Camaro will be retired to weekend cruiser. I figure the last Camaro SS should be worth something in twenty years.
The Soltice will be an awesome comuter. I'll improve the performance and improve mileage but it will be with basic bolt on stuff.
Then down the road I'm hoping to do the LS2 swap or maybe just a LS1 swap. I really hope the aftermarket develops well enough to have Chuck Mallett offer his kit with instructions, motor mounts, transmission adapter, etc.. LS1s are really cheap now with a new built short block selling for $3,600.

My question is this, does anyone have any pics of the Mallett conversion? The Mallett Soltice will be at SEMA in the Vortech/Paxton Booth #22853. I'll get pictures but does anyone have anything right now?!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
That car used to belong to TerpFan actually.
Seems Mallett is keeping it under wraps till he shows it at SEMA next week.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I made the decision to give up a first 1000 Solstice to Mallett to be use as his marketing promotional vehicle. It was a hard thing to do, but Mallett will return the favor many folds. Getting to sit with Chuck and friends at SEMA is a great perk!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Chuck is a cool guy. As far as the aftermarket industry goes he is first rate. His GM connections don't seem to hurt either. At this point Chuck is really the only guy I would trust with my own car.

Remember that if your car appears in the press that could open up many opportunties for you to get free parts through sponsorships! You shouldn't have and problems getting free tires/wheels, suspension parts, etc... :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
stang said:
I hope one of the perks is green. ;)
If I wanted cash for the car I could have sold in on EBAY. My reasons were much deeper, see previous posts as to why. I believe in this platform and willing to do what I can to help promote interest to the public. Stuffing a V8 in it by a premier builder like Mallett Cars makes a hell of a statement.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
TerpFan said:
If I wanted cash for the car I could have sold in on EBAY. My reasons were much deeper, see previous posts as to why. I believe in this platform and willing to do what I can to help promote interest to the public. Stuffing a V8 in it by a premier builder like Mallett Cars makes a hell of a statement.
I am sure there are a ton of people on this forum who appreciate the tidbits of info and excitement about the V8 Sol which you have provided, and the kappa platform in general which you have been able to share with us! :)

It is going to be neat to see a 400 HP Sol sleeper hit the streets, and embarass more than a couple expensive exotic owners!

It reminds me of the F&F. "Hey, what's the retail on one of those!"

:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
TerpFan said:
You can say that again. I'd like to see a nice V6 in it too.

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thos articles are months out of date.

Zeta is dead, and the Velite with it. In fact, the decision was made rather hastily and left Holden in the lurch because of it. They were all set for the newly appointed head to move to Oz and oversee the chassis, but then NA deployment was axed and the new head didn't get down there. In a press release at the time, Holden didn't quite know what was going on or why.

The *rumored* camaro concept is going to be revealed in 08. Meanwhile, as GM stupidly plans on no longer importing Monaro frames, the GTO is going to go on hiatus.

And so far Wagoner hasn't had to stones or the sense to bring back the Firebird along side it's twin, as is RIGHT. God we need another John Delorean at Pontiac. :(

:cuss:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Pace Car said:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0409phr_camaro/

Chevy is bringing back the Camaro and I would guess the SS in 2007. It is supposed to be built on the new Buick Zeta platform. If you google "2007 camaro", a number of articles come up.
Will is *finally* have a respectable fully independent rear suspension like the Solstice, and Vette or will it get a crappy Mustang-esc Pioneer Wagon suspension?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts