Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm originally from England, and have been a long time fan of the Lotus Elise -which I understand is now available in the US (I'm in Canada). I drove a few Elise's in the UK and LOVED the handling, but always wished for a more finished interior (for those who haven't seen the interior - they tend to be quite utilitarian - which some folks really like). Elises are notorious for fit issues - they squeak and "talk" all the time, and I'm really hoping the Solstice does not have that particular element. Any Elise owners?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Second choice

We just saw that car on a show the other day and said that was our second choice if the SOL was not going to happen. Good news though, they called and confirmed us on Friday but that car will be for my wife mostly so I will keep my eye on that Elise for me! :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
There's at least one other member who's posted he currently owns an Elise. If you search you can probably find who it is.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mcbman said:
Just checked out their website www.lotuscars.com.
I agree that's a nice looking automobile.
What I didn't like was the MSRP of $40,930.
Yeah, the price makes it a little rich for my blood too! It’s supposed to be just awesome to drive, and it looks good. However, it’s a bit more than I can spend on a car. Especially a summer only car! It may be a little too hard core for me too, but its still cool!

·
Registered
114 Posts
the Elise is so narrow and small inside, the two occupants with even modestly broad shoulders touch each other while sitting in it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was seriously considering buying an Elise...Until I actually sat in one.

It's a racecar, plain and simple. It's absurdly small, and extremely sparse inside. Even small people will have trouble getting in an out of this car.

If you have money to burn and want a track car, then the Elise is a steal. If you want something that you can actually drive around town, then forget it.

Flagg

·
Registered
139 Posts
if i had the money... i would get a black lotus elise over the solstice in a heartbeat. i've always loved the car. its brutal inside small and cramped,utilitarian, some versions are brutally loud and use tin foil as heat insulation... but its one of the best handling cars ever made and i want one really really bad.

it makes me wish that instead of gm putting a supercharger on the sol, they should just build one that is around 2100 pounds with the 177 hp engine. at that weight it would pull over 1.0 g easily i would think, and be extremely quick. hell then you could still turbo it.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
The Elise just isn't for me. I like the more fluid lines like the old Jag XKEs. That's probably why I like my 2000 Miata and why I like the Sol. The Elise has too many Sky features for my taste, but to each his own. It's still a great looking car.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Elise

Saw one for the first time last week in the parking garage at
Detroit Metro airport. I had quite a bit of time to look at it from
all angles and inside too. It sits very low to the ground and is
just a beautiful car. I'm sure it will be well over $50,000 Canadian!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had an Elise

I was one of the first to have an Elise. It is tremendous fun to drive but is not an every day car. With the top on it is impossible to get in and out without killing yourself, easier but not easy with the top off. It is not comfortable and is best left for taking to the track and weekend trips. I was happy to get rid of it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Elyse!!

Danno, I have an Elyse, she's 15 years old, and world ranked, Canadian National Champion gymnast...............I guess that's not what you meant.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts