Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to my fellow solstice Aficionados.

I live in Canada and even though were having a magnificent hot summer, winter still in back of my mind.

With all the talk of the solstice having had a roof problem, who knows how it will hold with inches of snow on it.

Has anyone heard of a factory optional removable hard top going to be offered and if so what price range we looking at on average.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Rumors, because it's been said a bolton top is required for certain classes of racing. Also a company near Pittsbutgh is patiently (like all of us) awaiting the first Sol to show up in western PA so that they can finalize their plans for aftermarket roof.

·
Registered
281 Posts
franggi said:
Has anyone heard of a factory optional removable hard top going to be offered and if so what price range we looking at on average.
New Thunderbird and S2000 factory hardtops are/were about $2500.

·
Registered
121 Posts
:agree:
andrewplanet said:
Put the car in the garage overnight perhaps? That would keep some of the snow off of it. That is at least what I plan on doing :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
andrewplanet said:
Put the car in the garage overnight perhaps? That would keep some of the snow off of it. That is at least what I plan on doing :D
Some of us still live at home where the parents get the garage :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Some of us still live at home where the parents get the garage :)
That's funny because one day back in highschool my neighbour noticed that my dad started parking at the end of the driveway and came over and said to him... "So I see you got pecked". Damn right... I had the nicer car, I got to park in the garage :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Garage

Mom's Cavalier is getting the boot from the garage once my Solstice arrives :devil:

·
Registered
381 Posts

If I had a kid, and he had a Solstice, I'd let him park in the garage, no problem. I would invoke certain "rights" though. Hmmm.... saturday morning spin, hon? Junior's still asleep.... :yesnod:

Back to the topic: I'm hoping for a reasonably priced removabel hardtop, too, but not for winters. Our summers can be brutal here. It's either too hot, too sunny, or too wet for a convertible. Prime convertible season here is mid-September through mid-May, IMHO.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Prime convertible season here is mid-September through mid-May, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

must be nice, by the time my sol arrives it should be about time to go out and do some doughnuts in the snow. :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts