Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any good news this week regarding deliveries to NE from your dealer? Especially VINs in the 1100 to 1300 range.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VIN 1400 and up

I now know how the 1K felt when the saw higher vins getting delivered. It seems GM has forgotten the NE.

I'm confident they have a good reason (heck they need the $$) but....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dealer just called me....
They actually talked to someone at the factory.... mine is still there...
*sigh*

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SOL_in_CT said:
Dealer just called me....
They actually talked to someone at the factory.... mine is still there...
*sigh*
I don't know how I got so lucky that mine was shipped 10/6. I really feel for you guy's. Did they say at the factory if they had any idea when it will be shipped.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no more whinning!!

No more whinning! :lol:

I just read on another thread they are still delivering 1K cars!

·
Registered
511 Posts
The reason we have not gotten our cars
G.M. Thinks if they don't deliver till it snows, maybe some of us
will leave it at the dealers,in there showrooms for the winter.
So they will have a car to show.
Only kidding

·
Registered
836 Posts
My dealer told me last week that my car was built, no other info seems to be available to him....I'm VIN less still. I am on Long Island and not a first 1000 but deposit in since April, supposedly 1 of 2 allocated to dealer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
built?

if the car was built he should be able to give you the VIN. As far as delivery first allocation cars are being delivered. You just need to be lucky

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solstice in NY Southern Tier

Was at the local dealer yesterday and they had a Solstice in the service bay. Came in dead on roll back, had NY plates but sales guy didn't know where it was from.
Sales guy said he had several orders but no word on deliveries.
Didn't know what the problem was on the car in service.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didn't know what the problem was on the car in service.[/QUOTE]

When they were developing the car they said they were inspiered by the British sports cars of the '60's. They must had input from Dr. Lucas "The Prince of Darkness"

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
zcellar said:
Has anyone heard any good news this week regarding deliveries to NE from your dealer? Especially VINs in the 1100 to 1300 range.
I've heard nothing and I'm not going to bother calling the dealer. GM is not telling them anything.

I'm sure there is a priority in repairing our cars that are on hold. I suspect they are waiting on parts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
SolsticeSJA said:
My dealer told me last week that my car was built, no other info seems to be available to him....I'm VIN less still. I am on Long Island and not a first 1000 but deposit in since April, supposedly 1 of 2 allocated to dealer.
While talking to my dealer, I said that his 2nd allocation car will probably come before mine since he already has a vin on it. He told me that the same guy that was checking on my order (actually plysically placed his hands on my car) also told my dealer that although he has a vin already, his 2nd allocation car HAS NOT been yet built.... My car is on an extended quality hold or something like that....

Wet snow/sleet in the forecast for the storm we have brewing in Connecticut now. I've given up all hope for some nice driving weather this calendar year... Would be nice to get it before Christmas at this point. I won't hoild my breath tho. :(

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
SOL_in_CT said:
While talking to my dealer, I said that his 2nd allocation car will probably come before mine since he already has a vin on it. He told me that the same guy that was checking on my order (actually plysically placed his hands on my car) also told my dealer that although he has a vin already, his 2nd allocation car HAS NOT been yet built.... My car is on an extended quality hold or something like that.... :(

a second allocation car with a VIN number!!! 3 of 5 in my dealers first allocation....code 3000 and no progress since 9/21 (thanks cricket for checking again!).....how can second allocation cars be sequenced with VIN numbers already...this makes absolutely no sense at all!!!! :cuss:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PAO said:
a second allocation car with a VIN number!!! 3 of 5 in my dealers first allocation....code 3000 and no progress since 9/21 (thanks cricket for checking again!).....how can second allocation cars be sequenced with VIN numbers already...this makes absolutely no sense at all!!!! :cuss:
I think he meant 2nd car 1st allocation

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SOL_in_CT said:
While talking to my dealer, I said that his 2nd allocation car will probably come before mine since he already has a vin on it. He told me that the same guy that was checking on my order (actually plysically placed his hands on my car) also told my dealer that although he has a vin already, his 2nd allocation car HAS NOT been yet built.... My car is on an extended quality hold or something like that....

Wet snow/sleet in the forecast for the storm we have brewing in Connecticut now. I've given up all hope for some nice driving weather this calendar year... Would be nice to get it before Christmas at this point. I won't hoild my breath tho. :(
Sol in Ct don't you mean his 2nd in his first allocation? Second allocation don't start being built untill I think Dec. or Jan. SD please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
zcellar said:
I think he meant 2nd car 1st allocation
Also, I think the dealer may be confused or misinformed. I don't believe a VIN is assigned until the car starts on its way down the assembly line. And I'm pretty sure the dealer wouldn't find out the VIN until the car is completed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wilmington hostage crisis continues!

AP - Wilmington, DE

Day 47 of the hostage crisis. While storm clouds over the factory where the hostages are being held are lifting the situation remains unclear. Communication with the renegade General holding the captive Sols is intermittent at best. A few fortunate Sols have managed to escape captivity by rail, however many Sols have grown old while being held behind the barb wire fencing. Negotiations for the release of the remaining tormented Sols appears to be headed towards a total collapse.

A clandestine attempt to trade benefits for the release of the Sols has failed. Rumors of a covert operation to gain release of the hosatges are circulating with increased frequency, however observers on the scene report no such operation has been attempted. The DOT has set up cameras to monitor the site.

More...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
zcellar said:
AP - Wilmington, DE

Day 47 of the hostage crisis. While storm clouds over the factory where the hostages are being held are lifting the situation remains unclear. Communication with the renegade General holding the captive Sols is intermittent at best. A few fortunate Sols have managed to escape captivity by rail, however many Sols have grown old while being held behind the barb wire fencing. Negotiations for the release of the remaining tormented Sols appears to be headed towards a total collapse.

A clandestine attempt to trade benefits for the release of the Sols has failed. Rumors of a covert operation to gain release of the hosatges are circulating with increased frequency, however observers on the scene report no such operation has been attempted. The DOT has set up cameras to monitor the site.

More...
That was cute. My car had a leak in the trunk and needed a new deck seal. But I was one that escaped captivity. It took only a couple hours to fix it, now they are letting the carpet dry and spraying a mold resistent product. The thing is I was glad mine made it out of captivity,I dropped the car off at the dealers on Monday afternoon around 4:00 pick it up tonight at 5:00, thats better then sitting in Willmington for 2/3 months. I don't know whats taking so long to fix the little leaks. I think they should stop production and let every one work on the cars that are sitting in the yard and get them delivered to the customers.
This makes more sence then letting them sit there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've got it..... I live about 30 minutes from the wilmington plant, I'll just go snip the fence and let them all run free!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts