Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Melbourne, FL, and have never owned a pontiac. The only dealer around is a somewhat small one, but its pretty established, 20 years in business I think. ive never seen any advertisements for them in my area so I dont know what kind of programs they offer at all, like the lifetime tires toyota(I think) offers. That being said I may just head up into Orlando where the dealerships should be everywhere to finally buy one. Are there any programs like this in the works for Solstice?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
DLD84 said:
I live in Melbourne, FL, and have never owned a pontiac. The only dealer around is a somewhat small one, but its pretty established, 20 years in business I think. ive never seen any advertisements for them in my area so I dont know what kind of programs they offer at all, like the lifetime tires toyota(I think) offers. That being said I may just head up into Orlando where the dealerships should be everywhere to finally buy one. Are there any programs like this in the works for Solstice?
Hey, don't come steal my dealer from me. :D
There's actually only two dealers in the Orlando area. I'v been building a relationship with one of them, they supposedly have a ton of orders besides me now. The other I know had 2 pre-orders before I even talked to them. If the one in your area is in the EOP program, you're probably better off talking to them first and seeing if they have any people in line yet since the two in Orlando are faily high volume. Especially since Melbourne is a much smaller city then the collective that is Orlando.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
DLD84 said:
You are confusing tires. Ford had a program on lifetime Firestones, or was that time of your life :lol:

·
5,641 Posts
Life time tire program is probably not a Toyota program. It is probably a program a particular dealer is offering. It is an policy the dealer buys to offer on cars they sell. The car buyer is required to get all maintenace done at the dealership on their schedule and prices. Miss an air filter change and no free tires. At least that is the way one of the nearby dealers explained it to me.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Sort of like offering free state inspections for life, just pay for the sticker. Keeps you coming back.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I believe it was a specific Dealer, Rav 4 is a toyota right? a friend of mine bought one and has lifetime tires. But as I see it pontiac isnt big on offering those kind of deals.

·
5,641 Posts
DLD84 said:
Yes I believe it was a specific Dealer, Rav 4 is a toyota right? a friend of mine bought one and has lifetime tires. But as I see it pontiac isnt big on offering those kind of deals.

No, that isn't correct. The closest dealer to me offers it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
DLD84 said:
Actually, we have a locale competitor that doesit GMC-Pontiac_Buick

·
5,641 Posts
Here is a typical wording from a dealer' site found by googling "tires for life":

Here's How "Tires for Life" Works:
1. The vehicle you purchase during this Promotion must be maintained according to the Manufacturer's
Recommended Schedule with 100% of the work performed at XXXX XXXXX's Quick Lane, XXXX XXXXX Ford,
or XXXX XXXXX Lincoln-Mercury-Jeep.
2. The Manufacturer's Maintenance Guide must be validated by XXXX XXXXX Service Personnel and maintained by
the original customer who bought the vehicle during this Promotion, in order to receive free replacement tires.
3. An alignment must be performed every 15,000 miles / 12 months (whichever occurs first), with this work also
completed at a XXXX XXXXX facility.
4. Tires must be rotated every 5,000 to 6,000 miles at a XXXX XXXXX facility.
5. This offer is not transferrable - it only applies to the original customer who bought the vehicle during this Promotion.
6. Agreement covers normal wear only and does not cover road hazards.
7. Tires will be replaced when the tread depth is at, or below, 3/32".
8. Tires will be replaced at a XXXX XXXXX facility.
9. Customer only pays for the mounting, balancing, and valve stems (and alignment if required, and spare tire if
desired).
10. Tires will be replaced with the same size and quality as the original equipment. Selection of upgraded tires will
cost only the difference in price between the two tires. The dealer reserves the right to replace tires with their
choice if the original brand is not available.

Also:
• Customer agrees to maintain all records (Validated Maintenance Guide) of service in accordance with this
agreement;
• This offer specifically excludes
(1) W-, Y-, and Z-Rated performance tires (Focus SVT / Mustang GT) and any oversize and/or aftermarket tires,
and
(2) vehicles with altered suspensions;
• Replacement includes 4 tires (no spare tires replaced);
• No monetary reimbursement will be made for tires purchased elsewhere;
• This is not an insurance policy;
• This is a XXXX XXXXX exclusive limited time offer (began February 2, 2004).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Tires for life

I believe that the Kia my daughter owns now for several years has that program. The dealer just loves to see her about every 6 months for tires. She does a very large paper route every nite and must have close to 300,000 on that poor Kia. I don't think the dealer thought that Kia had that much life.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
What we really need is a warranty on the top against proper fit, tares and leakage! :jester:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DLD84 said:
One of my local Pontiac dealers offers lifetime free oil changes. No other strings attached. I believe, however, that their stated interval is 5000 miles, but I know people who take their car in with less mileage between changes and they don't hassle them. However, all these things are on a dealer by dealer basis.

The Sol will likely come with the same basic warrenty most GM makes do, 3 years 36 thousand miles, bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fformula88 said:
One of my local Pontiac dealers offers lifetime free oil changes. No other strings attached. I believe, however, that their stated interval is 5000 miles, but I know people who take their car in with less mileage between changes and they don't hassle them. However, all these things are on a dealer by dealer basis.

The Sol will likely come with the same basic warrenty most GM makes do, 3 years 36 thousand miles, bumper to bumper.
They add those oil-changes into the selling price of the car, more than likely. Most people don't even notice it. You keep the car for about 50,000 miles, $20/change, 17 services @ 3k mile interval, thats $340, or about $6/mo over 60 mos. Plus all of the added service/warranty work you need-brakes, tires, etc. We charge $11/oil change-anything except diesel & synthetics, on any car you own, for anybody that lets us put a dealer sticker or license frame on that vehicle. We ASK that we perform the other needed maintanence, but we don't have any paperwork to go with it. Just about every dealer has a gimmick.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
conejo148 said:
They add those oil-changes into the selling price of the car, more than likely. Most people don't even notice it. You keep the car for about 50,000 miles, $20/change, 17 services @ 3k mile interval, thats $340, or about $6/mo over 60 mos. Plus all of the added service/warranty work you need-brakes, tires, etc. We charge $11/oil change-anything except diesel & synthetics, on any car you own, for anybody that lets us put a dealer sticker or license frame on that vehicle. We ASK that we perform the other needed maintanence, but we don't have any paperwork to go with it. Just about every dealer has a gimmick.
Those gimmicks probably work with 99% of buyers too. In fact, I may not mind paying a little more for the lifetime oil changes, even if I knew that was figured into the price, as long as I thought in my mind that I was getting a deal.

Heck, even at $20 a change, it is a deal compared to a lot of the lube places around these days. Jiffy lube is up to $29.95 for an oil change, as long as you don't find their coupon in the paper. Even with it, its still $24.95.

Does your dealer do oil changes right away? The Jeep dealer I bought my Wrangler from demands you make an appointment, and won't let you just drive in for an oil change. Way too inconvenient for me. You call, and they want to slot you in 5 days later. Then you get there, and they tell you it will be an hour or two. :brentil: Needless to say I don't go there for oil changes, but they still send me coupons for them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts