Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while there we were getting great shots from the Wilmington Plant, folks with contacts who seemed to have some info. on production status, lots of speculation at least, and reports of Sols driving West on the Pennsylvania turnpike. Was really building the excitement level there for a while.

But it seems to have slowed to a trickle. I check the forum every day in hopes of someone reporting "Production has started," or "Production starts Thursday," or something like that, but it's been pretty bleak.

Anyone have a brother-in-law working at the Wilmington plant or some other kind of inside info. that can at least get us talking about start of production?

·
Registered
905 Posts
We did get that notice that GM won't be providing any more target start dates, but around the 18th of July I'm betting some forum members who live in DE will be keeping a close eye on that parking lot :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Production Date

:confused: So let me see if I am right on this assumption from what I have read in this forum so far...not a single first 1000 car has been made yet?

According to my time stamp...I am probably around car 1200...just wondering when the last day to change my color interior choices and other options.

It seems like after reading this post that I am safe for another thirty days before production of my vehicle is started to make changes.

True?

Also, is the color around the radio the same steel color for the ebony leather option...it seems a bit of a pontiac gray around the black radio...was hoping they would go with a darker plastic around the black radio for the ebony leather option. I have looked at pictures and searched the forum and kinda gotten confused again. I may go to that long island show this weekend and look at that black solstice with ebony interior. :confused: cant seem to make any sense out of all the information for the interior...or maybe I am in denial that the dash is the same gray for the sand/steel as the ebony. Surely they aren't doing this...tell me i am wrong or am I just in denial. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ok, i feel better

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
240ZRX7MiataSol said:
For a while there we were getting great shots from the Wilmington Plant, folks with contacts who seemed to have some info. on production status, lots of speculation at least, and reports of Sols driving West on the Pennsylvania turnpike. Was really building the excitement level there for a while.

But it seems to have slowed to a trickle. I check the forum every day in hopes of someone reporting "Production has started," or "Production starts Thursday," or something like that, but it's been pretty bleak.

Anyone have a brother-in-law working at the Wilmington plant or some other kind of inside info. that can at least get us talking about start of production?
ust stay patient. A lot of those pics were from an open "car show" at the plant. Some forum members did highlight the problems in body panel fit that GM has had, and is working on.

Since they have been working on these fit issues for some time now, I doubt it will be too much longer before production starts. Once they get the issues worked out, they willmost likely start production ASAP.

Just stay patient! They will work out these issues, and it won't be long before everyone waiting for their Solstice will be enjoying their new roadster!

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

When I tried to import a first 1000 into Canada and was told I could not, the GM Rep said she would find out the date my order would be built. After checking everything out she called back to say that they were trying to increase my dealer's first four month allotment by one so that I could get delivery in August.

Her comment was that they would be starting production somewhere from the 1st of July to the 15th of July.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i heard they will start being delivered in september... which i guess is still considered summer...

·
5,641 Posts
educationk12 said:
So let me see if I am right on this assumption from what I have read in this forum so far...not a single first 1000 car has been made yet?
Yes, no cars have been produced from the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Sosltice group. It appears that production could start the week of July 18th. And depending on line speed up, those cars could be produced into the middle of August. Then they will build the two make-up group orders before regular allocation cars get built.

educationk12 said:
According to my time stamp...I am probably around car 1200...just wondering when the last day to change my color interior choices and other options.

It seems like after reading this post that I am safe for another thirty days before production of my vehicle is started to make changes.

True?
If you are not one of the 1000 Frist 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices, then your EOP order time stamp means nothing. Your order will come from your dealer's regular allocation. So even though you estimate that you missed by 200, there still could be several thousand built before your car. Our dealership missed by less then a minute from getting one of the thousand, but I don't expect to see that order be built until November.

First off, don't wait to change your order. If there is something different you want, change it now . It is not when production starts, but when the order is "picked up" by GM from the dealer's order pool that locks it in.

If you need to try to determine a deadline, you will need to know how many orders are in your dealers first four month allocation, how many of those orders are currently schedule to be "picked up" by GM during June & July, and finally where you stand in the dealers priority line up. Then you may or they may guess a possible deadline.

·
Registered
158 Posts
240ZRX7MiataSol said:

I'm not sure about the production dates, but they indeed did go West. I live in the northern Detroit suburbs, near the GM Tech Center, and I see Sols on the road almost every day now. Plenty of execs driving their "demos". Just seeing 'em out there makes me even more anxious to get mine. :yesnod:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was told by the Solstice HQ about 2 weeks ago that they hope to be assigning build dates by the middle of June.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dealer is giving me the "don't call us - we'll call you" response when I ask whether or not my order has been picked up by the factory. Is there a way, maybe through someone on the forum, that I can get my order number checked by someone other than my dealer?

·
5,641 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
4th of 5 First Allocation
This means that you are the fouth order of the dealers four month allocation of five. Pontiac should begin talking orders this month (June). Depending on how your dealers allocation is split over the four months, it could be August or September before your order is "picked up "by Pontiac and then scheduled for production.

Sorry, there isn't anything anyone would be able to tell you different then what your dealer has told you. They are still your best source of info when the time does finally come.

·
Registered
600 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I was told by the Solstice HQ about 2 weeks ago that they hope to be assigning build dates by the middle of June.
Good! Maybe we'll see this happen this coming week. I'll bug my dealer starting Monday. He never gets mad. To good of a guy to everyone. Will post if it really happens.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
It appears that production could start the week of July 18th. And depending on line speed up, those cars could be produced into the middle of August. Then they will build the two make-up group orders before regular allocation cars get built.
small_dealer answered the ETA on production start-up.

·
5,641 Posts
ateam_77 said:
There appears to be a change of heart about the publication of production target dates at GM for new production vehicles.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46632#post46632 from the post:
"Efective June 1st, we have modified existing VOM processes to establish more realistic expectations regarding launch vehicle production and actual delivery to dealer. We have discontinued VOM publication of target production date and estimated delivery date during start of production while maintaining other event codes for order tracking."

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Nice avatar, Small Dealer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Yes, no cars have been produced from the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Sosltice group. It appears that production could start the week of July 18th. And depending on line speed up, those cars could be produced into the middle of August. Then they will build the two make-up group orders before regular allocation cars get built.

Just curious Small Dealer, what is the "make-up group orders"?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts