Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the videos posted by Remo and reading posts about people who have driven the car. I want to know if any of you took a good look at the ground clearance. I plan on spending most of my time in Athens OH where the roads aren't exactly made for cars with low clearance.

I have seen S2000's and 350z's in athens and i want to compare the soltice ground clearance with those cars.

Can anyone give an estimation on the ground clearance??

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Let's put it this way. One forum member asked if anyone could get a picture from underneath the car. So I tried, with no success. My head was on the ground and I couldn't see much of anything. It's that low.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GM has said it is lower than the Corvette's. We have the Corvette's GC at 4 inches. So it is most likely 4 inches or less.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Excitementisnow said:
After seeing the videos posted by Remo and reading posts about people who have driven the car. I want to know if any of you took a good look at the ground clearance. I plan on spending most of my time in Athens OH where the roads aren't exactly made for cars with low clearance.

I have seen S2000's and 350z's in athens and i want to compare the soltice ground clearance with those cars.

Can anyone give an estimation on the ground clearance??
When I owned my 99 Miata I drove it around Athens when my Wife and I drove down to see my Daughter in school and I don't recall any problems, but I know what you mean with some of those brick streets!
When we built our new house 5 years ago, I had them take out the curb and make a nice approach. My Miata never had any problems but a friend of mine with a 97 Vette would scrape his lower front panel (black plastic) when he pulled in or out. This was do to the distance from the front wheels to the front bumper. I don't believe you will have this problem with the Solstice as it looks like the Miata with a short overhang!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts