Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you people from New England here anything? Kenf,Sol in Ct, hyzer,Andrew Jackson, and the rest of you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
No reply yet from my recent email to my dealer. arrrrg

Looks like our Sols will be spending another weekend out in the rain :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
deluke said:
Any of you people from New England here anything? Kenf,Sol in Ct, hyzer,Andrew Jackson, and the rest of you.

Not a thing,
I am waiting ,I am thinking it might be here for Thanksgiving.I hope its a lot sooner.

·
Registered
108 Posts
deluke said:
Not a thing. I'm having trouble with my salesperson calling me back. I'll be calling the owner of the dealership later tonight to bitch the guy out. He told me he would call me last week. I have since left him 3 messages and no calls back. The fleet manager is out this week, and he was the person helping me in the past. I think I'm going to ask the fleet manager gets the commission nstead of the useless sales guy I supposedly bought the car thru.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have heard nothing except for the rumors of the cars being on hold for water leaks. The Dealers are not getting any thing from the call center except that the cars are on hold. I think the dealers are as frustated as us and I hate to say it but I rather they keep it and fix it right.

Its just unfortunate that we wont get much drive time before the weather turns.

Hey, this is what we get for buying a first year model but I think we all know it will be worth the wait. :willy:

·
Registered
511 Posts
kenf said:
I have heard nothing except for the rumors of the cars being on hold for water leaks. The Dealers are not getting any thing from the call center except that the cars are on hold. I think the dealers are as frustated as us and I hate to say it but I rather they keep it and fix it right.

Its just unfortunate that we wont get much drive time before the weather turns.

Hey, this is what we get for buying a first year model but I think we all know it will be worth the wait. :willy:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SOL_in_CT said:
Not a thing. I'm having trouble with my salesperson calling me back. I'll be calling the owner of the dealership later tonight to bitch the guy out. He told me he would call me last week. I have since left him 3 messages and no calls back. The fleet manager is out this week, and he was the person helping me in the past. I think I'm going to ask the fleet manager gets the commission nstead of the useless sales guy I supposedly bought the car thru.
You know I worked retail sales when I was young in a specialty store, I always kept in touch with my customers, sent post cards for new clothing lines ans styles coming in. You would think these dealers would call and up date their customers at least once a week, I don't think thats asking too much. Thats how they will keep their sales high, how many customers sales do these salesmen have on a good week? Maye 15 MAX ? They can't call their customers once a week to update them ? Yet, when you go to a dealership you see salesmen sitting around BSing and even watching TV sometimes. They could use that time to make phone calls. Maybe I'm from the old school but I sure would be more productive with my time if I was a car saleswoman.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
deluke said:
Just got off the phone with my dealer and he told me I am still at 3800. I hit 3800 on 10/14.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
deluke said:
You know I worked retail sales when I was young in a specialty store, I always kept in touch with my customers, sent post cards for new clothing lines ans styles coming in. You would think these dealers would call and up date their customers at least once a week, I don't think thats asking too much. Thats how they will keep their sales high, how many customers sales do these salesmen have on a good week? Maye 15 MAX ? They can't call their customers once a week to update them ? Yet, when you go to a dealership you see salesmen sitting around BSing and even watching TV sometimes. They could use that time to make phone calls. Maybe I'm from the old school but I sure would be more productive with my time if I was a car saleswoman.
My dealer has been great. He calls me every week now but no changes have happened and GM isn't saying anything more except its on hold.
Thank god some of you have some contacts and we hear rumors and I think for the most part they have turned out to be true.
But I agree. GM should be telling us what the problem is and when thay expect to have it resolved.
I don't think I will every put myself through this again.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kenf said:
My dealer has been great. He calls me every week know but no changes have happened and GM is saying anythig more except its on hold.
Thank god some of you have some contacts and we hear rumors and I think for the most part they have turned out to be true.
But I agree. GM should be telling us what the problem is and when thay expect to have it resolved.
I don't think I will every put myself through this again.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE THE CAR!!!! But I would never put myself through a ordeal like this again, and I got my Solstice 2 weeks ago, how it got out I don't know but glad it did because I was going CRAZY!!!!! Kenf, sounds like you have a great dealer, there are some out there, but far and few in between.

·
Registered
105 Posts
no news

No news from my dealer. the last conversation was she had been in touch with the DBC but was not getting anything more than on "hold".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts