Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any of you own a motorcycle. I have been into sportbikes for some time and now own a 99 Honda VFR. I plan to hang it up when the Solstice arrives, but wonder if it (the Solstice) will really be able to replace that grin I get in the twisties on my bike? I won't be the first time I tried to give up a shapely plastic sportbike! :lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
I haven't owned one since I sold my Kawasaki KZ 440 too many years ago to mention. ;) Bikes are definitely thrilling, but I love taking the vette through the twisties or on the track. Mostly the track now that I live in flat Florida. I had a lot of fun with a modified Miata back in California also.

It's a different kind of thrill but I think it's just as much fun as a bike.

One side note - I don't know your age or anything but keep this in mind - if you are going to get married some day go into it with the bike. You will find it a lot harder to get a bike once you have a wife that wants you to stay alive! :lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, listen to Troy.. as a woman I can agree when saying.. get the bike now before you are married.. TRUST ME! :lol We find bikes attractive when dating you, yet dangerous when married to you!!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Had two GSX-R's. My first was a '92 600, and the second was a '96 750 with some work done. Now I have a daughter, and another on the way. My sportbike days are pretty much over.

While I loved my Miata, it didn't compare to the thrill of riding that 750. Of the two, I miss the Gixxer way more. Of course part of the allure to that bike was the fact that I was living in Monterey, California when I owned it. The roads around there are incredible for riding. I lived in Hawaii when I owned the Miata. While it was nice living there, there really aren't any decent roads for driving that aren't jammed with traffic. At least not on O'ahu. I borrowed my neighbor's YZF-600 a few times, and didn't really enjoy riding that in Hawaii any more than driving my Miata. Maybe if I have a Solstice next time I get stationed in Monterey (fingers crossed) I'll be able to make a fair comparison.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I used to ride bikes just for transportation but cars are my true love. I sold them all except a pretty nice '67 Honda 305 Dream that I'll probably keep forever, does that count? :lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, but no sport bikes here...

1997 Honda Valkyrie
2002 Boss Hoss V8 Trike
2002 Ridley Speedster
1981 Honda CM400A chopper project

·
Registered
5 Posts
Zl900

My American Built (Lincoln Nebraska) Kawasaki ZL900a... This was another limited edition first year release vehicle - like my SSR. I too had a KZ440, but swapped out for the 900 after a few years of riding nearly every road in the Central Sierra Mtns...

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
kwhopper said:
My American Built (Lincoln Nebraska) Kawasaki ZL900a... This was another limited edition first year release vehicle - like my SSR. I too had a KZ440, but swapped out for the 900 after a few years of riding nearly every road in the Central Sierra Mtns...
did you say something about a bike? i cant stop looking at the SSR. :) fyi, the SSR gets the LS2 this year. :cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts