Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've watched and listened to videos but nothing beats really hearing it. Anyone with this exhaust in the Eastern MA area? I'd like to hear your car.

Another question: they say it doesn't drone but....do you find that it does?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I believe that the rear centre dual uses the same muffler so should sound about the same.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
I've watched and listened to videos but nothing beats really hearing it. Anyone with this exhaust in the Eastern MA area? I'd like to hear your car.

Another question: they say it doesn't drone but....do you find that it does?
I have the Mach shorty on my convertible and have the center exhaust on my coupe. Center exhaust is like the Mach shorty. Get slight drown in the coupe and maybe a very little in the vert. I really like my Mach shorties.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Drone in the coupe is a known problem but it's not something you will have to deal with in the convertible. Not that it helps you find one in the Eastern MA area...

Might I suggest you edit your title to include Eastern MA and maybe post in the Sky forum as well as it'll be the same system.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I'm leaning towards this exhaust as a compliment to a tune.

Might I suggest you edit your title to include Eastern MA and maybe post in the Sky forum as well as it'll be the same system.

:) I avoided location on purpose. My experience is that adding location makes people avoid the topic entirely if that's not where they are from.

I've never been to the Sky forum. I know they are all kappa, I've just never gone there.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, another question; if you had the exhaust installed at a shop, was it really as bolt on as advertised?

I have installed full exhaust with big tube headers on vintage muscle cars. I've rebuilt engines in the garage during snowstorms and rebuilt suspensions etc. That was before my stroke.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Oh they aren't hard to install at all and yes, they are bolt-on. If you DO run into difficulties a call to Solo will get you all the help you require as they are VERY good with customer tech support.

Sorry to hear about the stroke Chris, how are you doing? My wife had a stroke in January of 2018 and to look at her you can't see the after affects but there are still lots of things that we deal with daily. Hope all is well with you.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Chris I have the stack center which is the mach shorty, I'm in RI and you are welcome to hear anytime. it was an easy install for the most part

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
No drone, easy install (cat back... hi-flow cat install is a different story) and it makes for perfect timing to install a DDM backbone brace.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh they aren't hard to install at all and yes, they are bolt-on. If you DO run into difficulties a call to Solo will get you all the help you require as they are VERY good with customer tech support.

Sorry to hear about the stroke Chris, how are you doing? My wife had a stroke in January of 2018 and to look at her you can't see the after affects but there are still lots of things that we deal with daily. Hope all is well with you.
I have better days than others. You'd never know I had a problem by looking at me or talking to me. I have been able to stay up and active 23 hours with no unusual fatigue at the time, but I paid for it later, lol. My arm hand and foot have all but stopped stopped "buzzing" when at rest and I have about 95% tactile and dexterity back. I can run. My face on one side is still slightly numb, like I'm just getting over Novocaine. I'm not disabled, but some things are too hard to do still. Being on my back and working and then getting up makes my head swim so badly I feel like I'll fall down. It's like vertigo, f you've ever felt that. Strangely I can bounce out of bed after six hours like always. One key is to admit to myself that I might run into trouble doing certain things.

I'm sorry to learn your wife had one. With any luck she will improve. I'm still improving at a glacial pace from my adventure in 2017.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chris I have the stack center which is the mach shorty, I'm in RI and you are welcome to hear anytime. it was an easy install for the most part
We need to coordinate! I work just over the border in Franklin MA. Whereabouts are you?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
yes on the brace while you are under there. I am in Northern RI Lincoln

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to everybody that looked and especially to Gary. This COVID is making things challenging. I might just get it blind. If I'm up, the neighbors deserve to hear me drive away. I owe it to them.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Chris Id be will to do a drive-by if you want. they can't stop me from driving thru MA lol did it this last weekend too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts