Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in for a Sly...but still think about Deep. Since my order hasn't been picked up for production yet, I guess I still have time to be ambivalent.

Anyone out there had any second thoughts about their exterior or interior combos after delivery?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes I have been seriously considering changing to envious from aggressive. Seeing the cars in person at the Mesa Ride and Drive has caused me to rethink. The aggressive is definately in your face and a real head turner, but the envious looks real classy, and I like the metallic finish. I guess I have a long time to make up my mind.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I would say go for the Deep if you keep thinking about it. Sly is very good looking but a bit bland IMO and it's the most commonly picked color (due to Apprentice and most other advertising) and is the LEAST original. I believe Deep (along with Envious) to be the most underrated color. It's going to be among the least ordered of the colors, but looking at Excelsior's pics... the Deep looks fantastic! If I didn't love red SOO much and my order wasn't picked up yet, I might have switched to Deep after seeing all his pics.

But personally, nothing is better than Aggressive! I'm all about the red sports car baby!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
After seeing them in person, I've had second thoughts. I ordered Mysterious, and I love Agressive, but I already have a red convertible so I ruled it out. I'm between Deep and Cool. I never thought I would want a silver car (because they seem to be so common), but I saw the cars about a half hour after a monsoon dust storm and sprinkle, and the silver was the only one that didn't look dirty until you got right up to it. So, I'm leaning now to Cool, which actually shocks me. But honestly if it would get me my car sooner, I would take any color!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just looked at those aggressive wall papers. Damn that that looks good. maybe I stay with Aggressive? :willy: :banghead: :confused:

·
2,574 Posts
dori-san said:
I would say go for the Deep if you keep thinking about it. Sly is very good looking but a bit bland IMO and it's the most commonly picked color (due to Apprentice and most other advertising) and is the LEAST original. I believe Deep (along with Envious) to be the most underrated color. It's going to be among the least ordered of the colors, but looking at Excelsior's pics... the Deep looks fantastic! If I didn't love red SOO much and my order wasn't picked up yet, I might have switched to Deep after seeing all his pics.

But personally, nothing is better than Aggressive! I'm all about the red sports car baby!
That's amazing Dori. I thought about the name of this thread and what I liked before I saw your post and I agree 100%. I'm sticking with red, I'm clear on that but after seeing the cars in person if there were no red I'd be hard pressed between blue and green. I too am impressed with Ex's photos the blue is great. Then, most staff at the Ride and Drive loved the green. They all thought that the sly was oversubscribed due to the ads and promos also.(I was never hot on it) So, green,very british and blue, very American I think. Tough decision for two colors that definately grow on you. I just know you can't go wrong with red on a retro type roadster.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
birdliver said:
That's amazing Dori. I thought about the name of this thread and what I liked before I saw your post and I agree 100%. I'm sticking with red, I'm clear on that but after seeing the cars in person if there were no red I'd be hard pressed between blue and green. I too am impressed with Ex's photos the blue is great. Then, most staff at the Ride and Drive loved the green. They all thought that the sly was oversubscribed due to the ads and promos also.(I was never hot on it) So, green,very british and blue, very American I think. Tough decision for two colors that definately grow on you. I just know you can't go wrong with red on a retro type roadster.
Well thanks for helping memake up my mind :lol:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think I've made my mind. One of each.

Sunday-Aggressive
Monday-Sly
Tuesday-Envious
Wednesday-Deep
Thursday-Pure
Friday-Cool
Saturday-Mysterious

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
sonoransolstice said:
I think I've made my mind. One of each.

Sunday-Aggressive
Monday-Sly
Tuesday-Envious
Wednesday-Deep
Thursday-Pure
Friday-Cool
Saturday-Mysterious
That's what I was thinking too, until I realized it would probably take at least seven years to get them all at the current rate of delivery ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Had no thoughts on my 1st choice,instinct kidded in,had to be emerald green metallic.LITHA demands a hue that is synonymous with the Summer Solstice. :thumbs: :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I originally went with Sly back in April, but after I saw some actual Mysterious pictures (not Photoshoped pics) in May I couldn't resist it and still can't :)

Aggressive is pretty sweet looking though.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I changed my color selection to Sly when I saw the cars at the GM plant. All the colors looked great but I really liked the Sly and how the grill worked with it...

These cars look so much better in person and I can't wait to get my next fix and see them on the road.

Congrats to all on receiving their cars! I'm going crazy waiting for mine.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
have been with cool all along.....the wife wanted that one then wanted sly, then aggressive, then back to cool...told her....it was her car.....so get the color she wants.....so right now its still cool......LOL.....by women must have options......

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sly - Mysterious :confused:

Sly :)

Mysterious ;)

Sly - Mysterious ??? :willy:

I ended up sticking with Sly... :leaving:

The Sly is the one my wife and I saw in person at the auto show (and fell in love with). So I know we like it and I think We'll be happy. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I wanted Envious from the second I knew it was being offered. But will all the problems of getting two toned interior (I know... supposed to happen in Oct, which was supposed to happen in Aug, which was supposed to happen in June. I'm not holding my breath any longer) I went with Deep.

Deep was a strong second choice from the start, but something about a classic roadster in green (BRG would be nice) with tan all over it just screamed loudly to me.

If my order still isn't picked up and I can get two-tone leather on the Envious I think I'm going to switch.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was originally a Sly, but changed to Deep after seeing one in person. Sly is a great color, but when it's held up against all the other colors it begins to seem a little drab and cliche. IMO. Of course, by changing my order it bumped me to the back of my dealer's list of orders, but I'm willing to wait for what I want...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Was thinking of sly because of the 'looks clean to me' needs of a daily driver. Really like deep and envious. Darker color - higher maintenance and would want a tan ragtop for the green.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts