Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Steel Insane said:
I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam. Checking to see if anyone of large stature sat or rode in this car.
Thanks for the feedback! :cool:
I'm thinking that 2KWK4U is about that size - see his pictures from the car show at the assembly plant (link on the front page with the pictures of the cars on the truck carriers).

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

I am 6'5" and weigh 220. I sat in a BMW Z3 and Z4, I fit in both cars. I then went on line and got the specs for the BMW's and the Solstice. In the important areas the Solstice is bigger or within 0.2 inches of the BMW's.. I think we will fit OK.
The Solstice has more head room and more knee room. I do not know about the footwells for big feet. Will we be able to operate the gas/brake/clutch without other pedal interference?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
solsticeman said:
I'm thinking that 2KWK4U is about that size - see his pictures from the car show at the assembly plant (link on the front page with the pictures of the cars on the truck carriers).

nope, I'm 5'9"/ 200 lbs with a 32" inseam. Although, I think Deleware Buddy was saying that he's about 6'4" and he fit comfortably.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I am 6' 0" with 34" inseam and about 240lbs (46 coat) - I sat in the car at the auto show with the top down. I bought one because it was the first car in this class that I could drive (in the legs dept!). Price was not the important factor, looks, performance (waiting to judge, or boost to 200+) and appeal were. I can't stand driving a car that my knees hit the wheel, or door panel when clutching, or gas to brake.

I almost bought a Porsche Boxter two years ago, but changed my mind as soon as I sat in it and tried to shift. Ditto for the Audi TT, and had decided I was going to get a Nissan 350Z which when I test drove it was a dream!! Unfortunately, in 6 months they couldn't get me the color / interior I wanted. So, cancelled that and kept my Camaro.

Then the car show came to town and I thoght the Sol was stellar at first sight. I said to my buddy "Too bad this is going to be another car I won't fit into." as I opened the door. I slid in and my first words were "Holy Sh*t, I fit!" (I always have been a poet.) :lol:

I couldn't beleive how comfortable it was for its size!! So long story short,
YEA, I THINK YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH THE SHOULDERS DOWN SIZING!! I can't comment on the headroom as the top wasn't up, nor would they put it up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am 6'4 280lbs, and I sat in a Z4. It really wasn't too bad. I did fit and was not uncomfortable at all. In terms of getting in wasn't hard, but getting out was another story. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.