Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
897 Posts
I feel your pain because I've been there. My original 2008 Brazen GXP (the namesake of my username) was totaled by another driver's gross carelessness. I'd had it three years and a few months - it was babied and cherished. To use your wording, it truly felt like a nightmare; I actually had recurring nightmares about it for the better part of eight years. And even though I moved on and bought another car, it never provided quite the same feeling as what my Solstice gave me. I did manage to snag a few keepsakes from mine when I went to bid it farewell: my rear windscreen, a set of keys, and my short radio antenna.

Long story short, I finally bought a practically identical GXP this summer and now all is well. The nightmares are gone.

If you have the means, get another whenever the time is right! Life is too short to drive boring cars.
Agonizing over what might happen to a car, is in and of itself, a need for a therapist. To put it as briefly as possible, **** happens. I've totaled two cars because of low blood sugar. That won't happen any more because I have a Dexcom. What the Dexcom won't prevent is another idiotic driver intersecting with me. There are 250 million of them in this country. Defensive driving helps. It won't put shields around your car. Cars are fragile. Sometimes, they die. You can't prevent it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
1. I was thinking about taking the rear pontiac badge since it's small but the salvage place IAA it was at sadly said nothing could be removed from it.

2. Oh great idea! I'm going to try that. Maybe Staples can print it.

3. I called several law firms last week and even spoke to a legal line today, and sadly the emotional side of pain and suffering isn't something most personal injury lawyers will get involved with from what it seems since it's difficult to show proof of emotional distress. I like that funny wording though and I appreciate your sympathies. I wanna say that I do have the Solstice's rigidity to thank in a way since the sedan's front that ran the red looked way worse than that passenger fender/wheel of the Solstice.
Aaaaand...the sedan was Japanese or Korean, correct?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I watch a lot of accident videos on YT, and my observation is that the number one reason for accidents is impatience.

My number two reason is cell phones. Now I could use the more popular term distracted driving, but that's too broad a term for me because I'd say 99% of distracted driving is due to cell phones.

Three would be driving too fast for conditions.

4th would be would be alcohol & drugs.

5th would be vehicle related, improperly secured loads, poor vehicle maintenance, etc.

6th would be medical emergencies.

7th would be a genuine accident.

I could list a few more, but impatience is what I believe is the number one cause of the majority of accidents.

Official member of the grumpy old man club.
Disagree. I am one of those who expects everyone to take their foot off the brake and put it on the gas immediately when the light turns green, and curses and honks every time it doesn't happen that way.

I have never rear-ended anyone.

Number one is incompetent driving, like the douchebag in the FedEx truck who swerved in front of me when I tried to pass him. Yes, he was doing 10 in a 35 zone, but expecting someone to do the limit is NOT "impatience."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts