Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Sly Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
480 Posts
I guess we're all different, I have a hard time relating to such drama. This is all I'm gonna say.
A few years ago, I got run off the road (at 60+ mph) into a concrete construction barrier on my beloved Valkyrie motorcycle. This was a special motorcycle, they only made 200 of this specific model and color combo. It was a highly sought-after version of that motorcycle by the crowd I run with.

Regardless, the accident totaled the bike and almost killed me. I knew there was no chance of fixing it so, I did the next best thing. Before I was even out of the body cast, a friend and I traveled north several hundred miles and bought another rare one using the insurance payout. Doing that made missing the old one much less painful.

Now, there's three of them sitting in my garage. It's an addiction I tell ya, don't go there. ;) You have been warned. :D

Rams

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Sly Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
480 Posts
I have heard the Canadians are more polite and careful drivers but that could just be rumours
Honestly, I think it depends on where you're at whether it in the US or Canada. To my experience, every city generally over 100K residents is a greater threat than cities below that population. Small town drivers seem to be more cordial and polite. Of course, this really depends on how I (each of us) is driving. Depending on what I'm driving or riding makes the call on how I drive. When I'm in my one ton Ram pulling a load, I'll drive the speed limit and let folks pass me. Yes, I'm almost always in the far right lane. Virtually every time I get into traffic in the big cities, some asswipes always want to test my driving and braking skills by cutting me off or something similar. While my truck and trailers all have working brakes, you don't stop 40K lbs of vehicle on a dime and yet, apparently people think I can do that. Yeah, it's a jungle out there, watch yer six along with both sides. There's some real idiots out there.

Rams

·
Registered
480 Posts
Good point. I will say that just personally, although it was a machine, it had a soul or some life in my eyes. I don't currently have a pet, but have in the past and I would equate it to being similar.
Not trying to throw any darts but, if losing a car sends you into that much depression, how do you think you'll handle the loss of a family member? I'd suggest seeking counseling. I don't mean that to hurt but, it sounds to me like you could use some help.

Rams

1 - 4 of 4 Posts