Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 red 2.4 5sp, very low km
87 Posts
It is too bad for the loss of your cherished car. The bright side, when you get to it, will be finding another that was cherished by someone, but due to age or circumstance must part with it. You can become the new owner of which you will grow to love and make your own. If there is nothing you can do to change the past, you must look to the future.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good point. I think I'm afraid of the thought of getting attached to another car. I almost just want to get a car I wouldn't care that gets dinged up or having to replace because the constant worry of something bad happening to a car that's cared for is at times very stressing. I really like that last sentence you mentioned, I've heard similar messages before but the way you worded it has an extra sense of optimism and strength so I really appreciate that, thank you.
My grandmother was a very wise and caring person, who had suffered much loss and hardship in her life. Even though, she always managed to focus on the positive aspects of any situation. That is where she would place her energy. Her thoughts about worry and stress was like a rocking chair, it gave you something to do, but you didnt get anywhere. She had a favorite song from 1929, (artist Annette Hanshaw) titled "if you want the rainbow, you must have the rain". I also love that song....one line from it is "happiness comes double, after a little pain". Look it up on YouTube if you are so inclined. It speaks to difficult times, as do many of the same artists tunes, written almost 100 years ago. I find music in general is a great healer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Happy you found some value in my words. Annette Hanshaw was as big as lady gaga is now during her era. The iconic cartoon character Betty Boop was fashioned after her. She has an interesting history and a unique style. I guess, nobody ever said life was always easy, but it beats the hell out of the alternative. Thinking positive thoughts and making the best of a bad situation, releases brain chemicals which then lead to a more positive outlook. It has to be a conscious effort to remind oneself of positivity......like exercise for your body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts