Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think the ten people on this forum who actually have recieved their cars would rather drive them around vice gut the interiors, remove all emission crud and trurn them into track queens. :)

Besides.. thanks to legal junk, most serious tracks won't let you race without a hardtop these days. :yawn:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Not a hard top, but a 4 point SCCA/NASA spec roll bar for sure

ELTGuy said:
I think the ten people on this forum who actually have received their cars would rather drive them around vice gut the interiors, remove all emission crud and turn them into track queens. :)

Besides.. thanks to legal junk, most serious tracks won't let you race without a hardtop these days. :yawn:
It's not actually that bad. Most tracks here in California will let you run if you have factory roll hoops behind the driver and passenger seats, or if you have pop-up type roll protection like the Volvo.

There have been plenty of Z4's out on the tracks at Willow Springs, Laguna Seca, and Buttonwillow....

As soon as I can get a roll bar in mine, it will see many many track days. As mentioned by others, the SEMA show in November may see some early roll bar efforts (at least I hope so!) :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I tried finding it, but I had no luck right now.

There was a recent spy photo of a Solstice at the ring in Germany. It had a roll cage, racing seats, and fire supression system. According to those who took it it was the supposed Solstice GXP with since it had the dual exhaust and rear spoiler.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
When you think about the FactoryFive spec racer circuit, that's all it takes. Factory release and advertising support of a spec racer class and open top with simple 3 point roll cage(and a few other items) and you have a drive 'em to the track and "what do you mean my insurance won't cover my wrecked Sol. It was parking lot damage."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts