Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to buy part #10346926 which is the monsoon sub/enclosure and I just want to make sure the enclosure is included before I buy it.

Anybody buy this from gmpartsdirect?

Thanks!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yes, several times. Better prices than my local dealer.

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you want the subwoofer and enclosure, and can wait till early July. I'm stripping out my entire 6-disc monsoon system and going aftermarket end of month, early July. PM if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
I have not purchased that particular part.
I have bought other stuff from this vendor successfully.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want the subwoofer and enclosure, and can wait till early July. I'm stripping out my entire 6-disc monsoon system and going aftermarket end of month, early July. PM if you're interested.
Ok thanks, Ill keep ya in mind!

And thanks everybody else!

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I think if you give crate engine depot a try you will be happy. He usually beats gmpartsdirect.

My 3 cents.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Call or email. He doesn't put the full catalog online.

And I'd be surprised if gmpartsdirect actually carries it in the true sense of the word. Gmpd website just looks up all Gm part numbers. Then they make you acknowledge it's not returnable and they order it from the warehouse.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
We don't have it on the shelf, but neither does GMparts direct.
I will price match them, one think you won't find with them is a phone number to contact them. They also won't ship out of the country or support your comunity. Feel free to contact us by phone or email. We will be more than happy to help you.

Also if you happen to be around the Chicago area we are having our Mega Meet next week.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Beware of GMparts direct - they lure you with lower quoted prices and then add it all back in with shipping fees.

With Crate Engine depot, what you see is what you get. I've had excellent service from them.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've used Crate Engine Depot a couple times and I am quite happy with them.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've ordered from GMPartsDirect direct before without issue. They were the best total price even with shipping and handling included.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok yeah, i dont like gmparts not having a phone number but i am going to check in on a few places to find a good decent price kit...

thanks guys for your help!

·
Registered
406 Posts
gmparts direct is okay, but ill agree shipping turned my 80$ part to a little over 100 -.- ill go with crate depot from now on, i didnt know about them before i got the part :willy:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does the monsoon enclosure sound pretty good? and can a 10" sub fit in it with an adapter?

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
does the monsoon enclosure sound pretty good? and can a 10" sub fit in it with an adapter?
I'm not sure if it 'sounds good' or not. It's just an enclosure and a cheap-ass 8" sub. I replaced the sub with a kicker 8". Others have replaced with 10", but you need a SHALLOW sub and also need to fab an adapter ring from MDF (or similar).

I happened to find this yesterday by accident (as I posted in another similar thread). Not the cheapest, but there are/were a couple in stock apparently:

Amazon.com: ACDelco 10346926 Radio Speaker Assembly: Automotive

gmparts direct is okay, but ill agree shipping turned my 80$ part to a little over 100 -.- ill go with crate depot from now on, i didnt know about them before i got the part :willy:
Not defending them, but the thing is big enough and heavy enough that $20 ain't so bad. Certainly wouldn't expect to save more than ~$5 off that tops, on shipping it from any other store.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Beware of GMparts direct - they lure you with lower quoted prices and then add it all back in with shipping fees.

With Crate Engine depot, what you see is what you get. I've had excellent service from them.
....Ditto.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not sure if it 'sounds good' or not. It's just an enclosure and a cheap-ass 8" sub. I replaced the sub with a kicker 8". Others have replaced with 10", but you need a SHALLOW sub and also need to fab an adapter ring from MDF (or similar).

I happened to find this yesterday by accident (as I posted in another similar thread). Not the cheapest, but there are/were a couple in stock apparently:

Amazon.com: ACDelco 10346926 Radio Speaker Assembly: Automotive

Not defending them, but the thing is big enough and heavy enough that $20 ain't so bad. Certainly wouldn't expect to save more than ~$5 off that tops, on shipping it from any other store.
well i was just asking if the enclosure is decent , im not going to have the stock sub, im upgrading it to a memphis 10" that i already have.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts