Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live and work on the west side of michigan, but travel to our detroit office in farmington hills every now and then. Last week i was sitting at a stop light, when a black solstice with checkered racing stripe down the side pulled up next to me. Before I could pull out my camera, the light turned green. I could not keep up with car with the 4.0 cherokee i was driving. While pulling away i noticed the car had large dual pipe sticking out of the back side.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
sol4362 said:
I live and work on the west side of michigan, but travel to our detroit office in farmington hills every now and then. Last week i was sitting at a stop light, when a black solstice with checkered racing stripe down the side pulled up next to me. Before I could pull out my camera, the light turned green. I could not keep up with car with the 4.0 cherokee i was driving. While pulling away i noticed the car had large dual pipe sticking out of the back side.
Not surprising. Have seen these on occasion in SE MI area.

Where did you see it (what streets?).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw it heading east on 12 mile before Orchard Lake Rd.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yup! Exhaust appeared bigger and protruded more from the rear bumper though. Seemed clean, stripe ran from front to back, and exhaust was chrome tipped.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
sol4362 said:
Yup! Exhaust appeared bigger and protruded more from the rear bumper though. Seemed clean, stripe ran from front to back, and exhaust was chrome tipped.
That "stripe" was probaby the camo they use to hide the body lines so people won't know what kind of car they are (stupid people anyway).

I don't think they were racing stripes.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't doubt the lines weren't racing stripes, but it looked good. This car was not as rugged of a test vehicle like in the copper mountain pics. This car was flawless black and the checkered stripe down the side was nicely detailed (even had a crease toward the back of the door to simulate kind of a waving effect). Looked Good!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Awesome find sol4362, and welcome to the forums!!!

The stripes aren't always camo too, a lot of times it's jsut used to distinguish test mules from production cars. That way people don't always assume that's what the final car will look like.

So how did the car sound?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Didn't happen to sound like a V8, did it? :lol: (see the Mallett/you're not going to believe... thread)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At first i had a hard time hearing it because my windows were only cracked on my drivers side, and the car was on my passenger. But as we took off (rather fast, but not hammer down) you could definitely hear, once he hit some pretty good rpms, that it was a four cylinder. Definitely had a clear note, but lacking to some of the import cars.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Any whine? As in impellor noise (turbo/supercharger).

·
Registered
92 Posts
SlipSlider said:
That "stripe" was probaby the camo they use to hide the body lines so people won't know what kind of car they are (stupid people anyway).

I don't think they were racing stripes.
Also known as the 'camo' they use to stand out in a crowd. :lol:
I bet 1/2 of all people who notice the car wouldn't even look twice if it wasn't for the camo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts