Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aug. 5 6 7 is the Pontiac Tripower Nationals at Norwalk,Oh. Here is a link to their site http://www.pontiacnationals.com/pontiac_nationals.html
This is a great Pontiac car show and drag racing event. I will be going Sat the 6th. I would expect several Solstice's there. If you've never seen a full bodied Catalina pull a 2 ft. wheelie and run 9's in the 1/4 mile or Warren Johnson's Pro Stocker run low 7's to 6.9s @ over 200mph, then you need to go :seeya:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I plan to be there as well I was going to show my 71 LeMans Sport but my son got us tickets to the Brickyard 400 so I will just be there on Saturday to look around. If Pontiac wants to sell more Solstices they should let people sit in one. They useually just have cars on display and locked up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What a small world

You were discussing Norwalk, Ohio and I just got back from vacation in Murphy, North Carolina with my inlaws who live in Norwalk. I use to live in Sandusky also.

Norwalk has a great raceway and I have attended the NHRA events there years ago. How about posting some pictures for us of the event?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WantMySoltice said:
You were discussing Norwalk, Ohio and I just got back from vacation in Murphy, North Carolina with my inlaws who live in Norwalk. I use to live in Sandusky also.

Norwalk has a great raceway and I have attended the NHRA events there years ago. How about posting some pictures for us of the event?
I plan on taking my new Digital camera (5.1 Meg.) and also some video's.
The next thing would be to figure out how to post them.
I'll be leaving for Charolette,NC the next day to visit my Daughter so I might not get a chance to post them till after I get back.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks in advance for getting any pics 4th gto. I cant go because of work, but Id love to see any pics. Take one of any Bonnevilles if you can too. Sounds like a good cruise for Solstice owners to try for next year.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Some groups use Norwalk as a yearly meeting and hold their own show in a show.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got a reply from Jim Hopson @ Pontiac and he said that to the best of his knowledge that there would not be a Solstice at Norwalk, but that different parts of GM have access to the Solstice and that somebody else might have one there that he is not aware of!
Well this is about power for Pontiac, another missed opportunity to showcase their product. With all the test mules, you'd think that they could at least get one there. Its not that far from Detroit!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts