Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped in at dealer..my Solstice was built last Thursday on the 4th, and my order is now coded "3800"...VIN 000176... :willy: :party: :cheers:

Dealer says should have car in 2-3 weeks...SMALL DEALER, what do you think??

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congrats,

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
#176 born on date 8/4/05

#158 born on date 8/3/05

I think its important we cross reference vin #'s with manufacture dates. I will give us a good idea that wilmington is picking it up. I know that GMlinedog wouldn't be able to comment on this, so this is information that we are getting that can help out all the EOP as well as the 10,000 with a rough estimate.

I believe Mceb is doing it on one of the vin list.

By the way, congratulations Sol Mio

·
Registered
288 Posts
mceb said:
But he's not keeping track of the manufacture dates. I think the point Marco was trying to make is that we can determine how many are being manufactured per day by correlating Vin numbers with the date the car was manufactured.

Could definitely help determine how quickly poruction is ramping up.

Flagg

·
Registered
936 Posts
Exactly how do you get the build date as they take more than one day on the line? Is it on the invoice? My build date was 8/8 but dont know if they actually started it that day but do know it is finishing up today.

Congrats on yours.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No date of birth

I do not know the birthdate of our Solstice, it is a mystery to me. But I do know our VIN #, we are a proud # 160.
K&K
Anxiously awaiting our mysterious arrival.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
K&K said:
I do not know the birthdate of our Solstice, it is a mystery to me. But I do know our VIN #, we are a proud # 160.
K&K
Anxiously awaiting our mysterious arrival.
Probably 8/3 K & K. I'm 158 in Ohio. Maybe they'll be on the same truck

Mysteriuos no xm two tone

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once the car is built, don't they take some time to "tweek it" (may take a week or two)to make sure everything is right before delivery, then once on the truck it takes a another week or two?? Remember reading something about it way back when, just don't remember the details...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
1 - 12 of 12 Posts