Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

anybody receive this legal notice regarding the ignition switch ?

3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Gwuckie Duck 
#1 ·
I got 3 of these notices in the US mail today. ( I have 3 cars. )

See less See more
#12 ·
Just got it today... My boss was notorious for doing these. He had a website that had 50 ongoing class action suits that he would go through and fill out every 2 weeks. It was sad. However, this one I might try to get!

#13 ·
This is just a general query for anyone planning to apply for this:

You had a bad switch that was replaced at no cost and is presumably now a good switch.
What damages did you actually incur that you should legitimately be paid for?

#14 ·
What damages did you actually incur that you should legitimately be paid for?
Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but maybe the time and effort of taking the car to the dealer and waiting for it to be fixed?

But, I agree with you personally. All these class-action things do is pay the ambulance-chasing lawyers, which I abhor.

#16 ·
well... in my case, I lost a NASSAM because of this. The week before the poconos NASSAM, my blue/deep coupe experienced the key-stuck-in-the-ignition, and the car would not turn off without me pulling the fuse. The car sat at the dealer for a week, before I brought the car back home to sit in my driveway. I eventually ( after NASSAM ) bought an ignition set from ebay and installed that before any recall papers came through.
( I took my convertible to that NASSAM )

#22 ·
FYI, I went to the link in the "How Can I Get A Payment?" paragraph above, and submitted a claim. It took about 5 minutes - had to give the usual info - email address, mail address, etc. Took about 5 minutes. Didn't have to estimate or claim any 'damages'. Sometime in 2021 I'll hear something about $$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.