Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to find out if anybody in the Washington, Oregon area has recieved there Sol yet. I went code 3400 on 10/5 but havent heard anything new from the dealer. The waiting is a killer for my personality type, but im hanging in there, hope you all get your cars soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nope!`

We are still waiting for our #913 1st 1000 Sly Solstice in Western Washington! We were told it would be here this week, but since it is already Weds. night/Thursday morning and the dealer still isn't "sure" where the car is, I am guessing that it isn't going to be here this week.

Oct. 24th is getting close GM!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you order from the Olympia, Dealership?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dnjsdad said:
Did you order from the Olympia, Dealership?
Yeah, we ordered from the Olympia Dealership.

Why?? Do you know where my car is??? Because no one else seems to!

·
Registered
44 Posts
A car was delivered in Auburn and at least 2 in Kirkland, 1 in Spokane. Mine has been built, I'm awaitng delivery, I hope to learn my VIN later today. :willy:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Got mine!!

Dnjsdad said:
Just wanted to find out if anybody in the Washington, Oregon area has recieved there Sol yet. I went code 3400 on 10/5 but havent heard anything new from the dealer. The waiting is a killer for my personality type, but im hanging in there, hope you all get your cars soon.[/
QUOTE]

Oregon solstice received his on 093005. It is awesome :) But it is very lonely out here with no one else to play with ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Still Waiting, too!

#815 for Gresham, OR is MIA too....Have been told it is still undergoing rigorous testing and has not been shipped as well as being told that it was released for shipment and will be here any day. Got both of those responses yesterday....so, Oregon Solstice, Baby Sly will be able to go out and play in a little while!!! :) Just remember, she's the baby, so gets to win in any game!

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 1:18 PM PST and I just got THE call!!!!! It's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta go.......50 mile drive to pick her up! :) :) :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish I knew where your car was, sorry. I took a stab at the Olympia dealership because I was told that they were expecting a red sol anytime. I put in for one of the first 1K but you got there first congrats... Hope it arrives soon as mine is supposed to be right behind. Was thinking that maybe they would put them together on the same truck, to save on shipping costs, but thats just a guess. Let me know when yours comes in, and if I hear anything I will let you know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just spoke with my dealer, I cant believe it my car is built, I can hardly contain my excitement. He said my car is sitting in Detroit and his expectation of shipping was 3-4 weeks. Does this sound like the right time frame based on your experience please let me know.
Thanks,
DnjsDad
AKA Excited in Olympia

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Dnjsdad said:
Just spoke with my dealer, I cant believe it my car is built, I can hardly contain my excitement. He said my car is sitting in Detroit and his expectation of shipping was 3-4 weeks. Does this sound like the right time frame based on your experience please let me know.
Thanks,
DnjsDad
AKA Excited in Olympia
well I hope it isnt in detroit ..but rather delaware..as that is where the plant is..seems there is some QC hold right now..so nothiing seems to be leaving the plant at the moment..so hang in there...at least yours is built!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dnjsdad said:
Thanks,
DnjsDad
AKA Excited in Olympia
My car was born on August 8th and I received it September 30th. Almost 8 weeks for delivery. But this was a first 1000 so yours may arrive sooner :) Just be patient and take all delivery times with a grain of salt. With the Solstice delivery system hope for the best and expect the worst :) And congrats on your car being built!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dnjsdad said:
Thanks,
DnjsDad
AKA Excited in Olympia

Well, for your sake I hope the car does arrive in 3-4 weeks. However, our car still is not here yet and it was built in early September. And since we ordered from the same dealer, it is a fair/accurate comparison. Our Sol is a 1st 1000, so that may have played into the delay and it seems like a lot of non-1st 1000's are already delivered, so who knows!

I guess that's what we get for living up in the far western corner of the country!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spoke with a buddy of mine at the dealership, said he was expecting your car to arrive in Kent anytime. Good luck, I will keep you posted if I hear anything else.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seems to me there's a few people here from WA and OR. Even more specifically, Olympia, WA. I am also from Oly.....somebody should start a club or something! I ordered from Centralia dealership, 1st allocation, msrp, Blk/Blk, no XM/smokers but everything else. Supposed to be built week of 10/31, and delivered???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A club or even a get together now and again would be a blast, Im game. Has anyone noticed the trend in not ordering the smokers pkg. I think its great does it mean that the people who LOVE the Sol. are mostly non-smokers, I think that would be a interesting study.

GM the NW wants its cars, come on hook us up PLEASE!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dnjsdad said:
GM the NW wants its cars, come on hook us up PLEASE!
:agree: :agree: :agree: :yesnod: :yesnod:
I'll Second that!!! Loud and Clear! We need our cars here in the NW soon. There isn't going to be much more sun around here for the next few months (atleast throuugh Febuary).

As for the car arriving in Kent, we have been told that it takes 3 days to get here from Kent, which (if you know where Kent is compared to Olympia) seems a little crazy considering it is a 50 minute drive. :willy:

Anyways, hopefully some of us Northwesterners get our cars soon before the sun completely leaves for winter. :(

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

I think that there have been 5 delivered here in Vancouver, BC. At least two of those are still at the dealers.
If there is interest in a North West Club you could include us,..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Canada, oregon, Idaho, Northern Cali, I think the more people we have the more fun we would have.

·
Registered
36 Posts
:) I thought I would share my good news with all of the fellow northwesterners first:

IT"S FINALLY HERE!!!!! :willy:
#913 is in Olympia sitting at the dealership waiting for us to take her home. The dealer is going to detail the car today and we are picking it up this evening.

Pictures soon to come!!!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats. I told you it was close. I think I will drive go see your car, as my office is only a few minutes away from the dealer. Hope you love your new car as much as I hope to love mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts