Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much to you think it would cost for an after market interior like this one??

what do you think?? anybody else think this would be HOT!!!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Maybe it is the color settings on my monitor, but it looks a bit bright to me. If it was a richer, warmer shade of red, I think it would look great, at least on the Mysterious and Aggressive Solstices. I'll stick with the Sand and Steel combo for my Sly.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Make it ALL red, and make it darker... like crimson. And Pure will suddenly become a lot more popular.

·
Registered
936 Posts
One of my big complaints about car manufacturers is they don't offer enough color choices for interior. They shove shades of black or tan down our throats and expect us to like it. I would have loved a red interior in my Solstice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not the greatest at photoshop, but that picture was to give you a better idea of what it could look like. I would love to have a white solstice with red interior!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Delnari said:
Careful, you may have created a peak at the GXP interior for next year.

I hope so!!!! I wish they would go ahead and publish the specs on GXP and squash all the rumors on it!! I want to know it I should really wait for it, or just get on as soon as I can :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
enderokc said:
I hope so!!!! I wish they would go ahead and publish the specs on GXP and squash all the rumors on it!! I want to know it I should really wait for it, or just get on as soon as I can :)
Get you ticket to NAIAS 2006 in Detroit, MI early then. This is where it's scheduled to make its debut.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Blood Red Rules!

Black and Red don't cut it. All red would be cool. As far as the dude waiting to figure out if he should wait for the TURBO or buy one now.....wait for the TURBO. If you know that within a year you'll be able to marry Cinderella, why hook up with one of her ugly step sisters? Don't settle......wait for the best!
Later!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am having my seats covered in a maroon leather. They quoted me a price of $900 for both seats. I might do the door inserts too but I am not sure on the cost of that. I am sure the dash would be costly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'll take one!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
dori-san said:
Make it ALL red, and make it darker... like crimson. And Pure will suddenly become a lot more popular.
All red (not red & black) in a white car is hot!!!!

And I'm not a fan of painted wheels, but white wheels on a white car usually look good too.

So, white car, white wheels, dark tinted windows, solid red interior. Awesome!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CoolOne2006 said:
I am having my seats covered in a maroon leather. They quoted me a price of $900 for both seats. I might do the door inserts too but I am not sure on the cost of that. I am sure the dash would be costly.

Maroon Leather would be cool!! but if I were to do it, I would oder the ebony leather interior, because without leather you dont get ther sterring wheel controls. and I really want those!!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I think this is why cars only come in black, gray, or tan interiors. You could never please everyone and you are more likely to turn away a buyer who maybe hates that interior color. In fact, it's probably worse than the exterior, because you have to look at it everytime you drive. Imagine if you had to drive your wife's car and it had a pink interior? :lol:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Crimson interior would be awesome!

I guess I'm a biased opinion (based on my nickname), but thanks for the mock up.

Don't get me wrong, the Steel/Sand colors are great, and I cannot wait for my Sol, but if the Crimson had been available, I'd have ordered it in a heartbeat.

I really liked the Saturn's color schemes, and I thought that the Crimson/Black worked very well with a silver (or Sly) body.

I like the original Solstice design for the shapes of the dash and internal features (like the sweeping curve around the driver and the center mounted grab handle for the navigator) better than the ordinary looking dash in the Sky. Having said that, when I saw the Sky in person at the LA Auto show in January, I was immediately drawn to the dark red and black tones of the interior:

·
Registered
535 Posts
enderokc said:
Maroon Leather would be cool!! but if I were to do it, I would oder the ebony leather interior, because without leather you dont get ther sterring wheel controls. and I really want those!!
The only steering wheel controls that will be absent are the radio controls. I did get the convience package so the other controls will be on the wheel. I plan on putting a new stereo/dvd/monitor in place of the stock radio so I will end up having a remote anyways.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I agree with CA, I really like the Sky color scheme in the dual color red/black interior it has. I don't knwo if I want to get my panels done like that, but I would love to have a pair of the Sky seats for my Solstice. Or at least their color pattern.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.