Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
If they are the same as the ones in the sky I still have mine. I need to look in my garage to confirm though. if you pay for the shipping you can have them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I was hoping to get a bit more detail and advise on what other have tried.

I'm not much of an audiophile but i tried to match the specs for the items recommended in the Kappa Stereo Lessons Learned thread and I came up with the following, can anyone please validate if this is a good set up.

Tweeter - open for suggestions
Door Speakers - PowerBass L2-652 6.5"x 2 5/16" deep x 2 ohm 60 W RMS, 180 W Peak 58-21K Hz
Rear Speakers - Kcker 44KSC3504 3.5" x 1 11/16" deep x 4 ohm 50W RMS 100W Peak 80-20K Hz
SubWoofer - Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 8" x 2 5/8" deep dual voice coil x 2 ohm 75 W RMS/coil 150W Peak/coil 38-250Hz

Please let me know if anyone has had any experience with these components or can recommend something better.

·
Super Moderator
5,954 Posts
I have no experience with those speakers, but I do have two suggestions:
1) Review all of the radio or head unit replacement threads, here and at skyroadster.com for speakers used. (If you haven't already.)
2) Go to Crutchfield to look at their recommendations. I know a number of people have followed them with good results.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I did some pioneer 4 ways in the doors(6.5") and some...."off brand "2 ways in the rear..not a lot of difference with the sock head unit.it sounds better but I need to take some time to put the head unit in.also I put the speakers in without adding the foam shells around them...they came in a week later.....someday I will put them in.They should help the bass some.but power ( better head unit) will also help that.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I checked out Crutchfield but I'm not having a lot of confidence in their suggestions. They recommended 4 ohm speakers for the doors and the 2 Ohm Speakers they recommended were extremely expensive.

I ordered radio and Axess steering wheel control and we were never able to get it working properly on the solstice. they wound up sending me a different brand but I lost the on-star. Not much of a loss since I didn't use it anyway.

I'll give Crutchfield a call and see what they say. ]

thanks for the suggestion on the Pioneer 4 way, I'll check it out.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts