Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes manuals are very fun but I want the ease of driving living in a large city. Anyway is anyone else going to buy one? I heard dates like late febuary correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
If the Solstice is significantly delayed (i.e.: October or November), then I might be tempted to go for the automatic.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
After a while driving a manual is "automatic" :)
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Manual all the way for me. I wouldn’t consider an auto for this car. However, there really isn’t much of a traffic problem in Buffalo either that would make it a nuisance in traffic. So the manual will be no problem for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Manual all the way. If the auto is a true shift on demand that we can drop right down through the gears, e.g. drop from 2-1 at 30mph without blipping the throttle to trick the vacuum like a regular auto, then ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
The only way I'd consider an automatic is if I lose the feeling in my left leg again. As long as I can; I'll have a manual. Nothing even comes close in comparison.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Traffic-schmaffic. Pumping my left leg down to and from work is sometimes all the exercise I get in a day. Pitiful, huh? And as mentioned above, a manual becomes automatic after a while, it's just second nature. If you can drive a manual, might as well maximize the fun out of the car, IMHO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
The Batman said:
Traffic-schmaffic. Pumping my left leg down to and from work is sometimes all the exercise I get in a day. Pitiful, huh? And as mentioned above, a manual becomes automatic after a while, it's just second nature. If you can drive a manual, might as well maximize the fun out of the car, IMHO.
Yeah, exact same thing for me. Like you said too, even in bumper-to-bumper traffic it because second nature with the cluth. I do admi since I'm not in the best of shape though after an hour of it my leg will start to hurt some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
madmac9 said:
Yes manuals are very fun but I want the ease of driving living in a large city. Anyway is anyone else going to buy one? I heard dates like late febuary correct?
I personaly never buy automatics if I don't have to. I perfer them in cars and trucks. However you will not be alone. I remember reading that Americans prefer automatics 10 to 1. There is such a strong demand here, that even Ferrari has had to offer them. I'm sure the Solstice will be no exception.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
:cool: Gotta have a stick. It's about control. It is the connection between the driver and the road(ster)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
481 Posts
Automatic is for your father's Oldsmobile

And they stopped making those........


Actually, an automatic is for the family car, the work commuting car, etc.......none of which fits the Solstice.......it's a ROADSTER!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:agree: I would very much like this...what are the chances of that like it is in the mazda 3 and such?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
adamacious said:
So I'll get automatic (plus I can't drive stick!)
Well, I can't drive a stick, but that's not stopping me from getting the manual transmission. Mainly because I don't want to wait longer than I have to for the car, but also because I believe everyone should know how to drive manual. What better way to learn than in a Solstice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
dengel said:
Well, I can't drive a stick, but that's not stopping me from getting the manual transmission. Mainly because I don't want to wait longer than I have to for the car, but also because I believe everyone should know how to drive manual. What better way to learn than in a Solstice!
Hehe, I am really uncoordinated though, so its too risky for me to learn in such a cool car :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
JBsZ06 said:
Pontiac should offer DSG sequential shift technology instead of an torque convertor automatic...
They may very well be doing that. It might be the reason that there is not an automatic option from the start.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top