Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw 2KWK4U's pics and that Red really looked sharp. The only thing about red is that it takes away from those cool tail lamps, but it looked pretty cool.

Anyone else digging red?

Are their any good pics of blue?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
stang said:
Saw 2KWK4U's pics and that Red really looked sharp. The only thing about red is that it takes away from those cool tail lamps, but it looked pretty cool.

Anyone else digging red?

Are their any good pics of blue?

I like red too, but order blue. Waiting to see some pics of blue also!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My wife thinks "Red". I think "Blue". So far, the order is placed for blue. She's not convinced me to change my mind...afterall, she doesnt drive a stick-shift.....so......Guess, I Win. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've never owned a car that wasn't red yet. Although if I get a solstice it will be either silver or gray probably. That being said I was suprised how good this car looks in red. I didn't expect red to work on this car very well but it does. Kudos to GM for finding the right shade of red for the car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
What other cars come with that red? I know there was a site with that info but I cant find it. I am seriously considering chaning to the red but want to know what other cars have it. I love it in the pictures but if its like the typical gm red "Cavalier and other Reds" I know I dont want it.

Anyhelp here?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Billabongi said:
What other cars come with that red? I know there was a site with that info but I cant find it. I am seriously considering chaning to the red but want to know what other cars have it. I love it in the pictures but if its like the typical gm red "Cavalier and other Reds" I know I dont want it.

Anyhelp here?
Sure, it is the "typical" Corvette C6 red, the Sunfire GT red, the Colorado red, almost every bright red except SSR and GTO. Same exact red they used when '97 Grand Prix was introduced. It looks totally different on a 'vette and a Cavalier, even though it's the same. It'll look hot here too.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I ordered Red, When you look at just about any car, 57 chevy, Corvette, Old classics from the 50s, 60s, 70s, If it is Red, and kept in mint condition, And it`s an awesome design, Red will always turn heads. Good for resale value too! Just need to figure out how to get the wide white walls and a white rag top installed, and I`m in heaven. Mitch :cool:

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I'd love to know if the insurance rates are different for a red vs non red Solstice. I've heard rumors that reds are more prone to making claims... anyone know for a fact one way or the other??

I ordered DEEP as in "cops.. please don't notice me."

·
Registered
146 Posts
ten most popular new car colors.... (2003)

A friend of mine that works in marketing sent the link...Stories on car colors at www.colormatters.com/bbcar.html

AND (continue only if you have too much extra free time on your hands.... :) )

from the wisegeek... (2003)

"A recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Auckland, New Zealand indicates that there may be a link between car color and serious injuries as a result of car accidents. Their findings were published in the The British Medical Journal in December 2003.

The study involved accidents in New Zealand between 1998 and 1999. According to their findings, drivers of brown cars had the highest risk of sustaining serious injuries caused by auto accidents. Black and green cars also had elevated risks.

Which are the safest cars? Drivers of silver-colored cars, according to the report, have a 50% less chance of being involved in an injury-causing accident than do drivers of white cars! While the results are surprising, more studies need to be performed before we all rush out and repaint or replace our vehicles.

The scientists did not explain why there was such a disparity in accident rates. Perhaps lighter colored cars are more visible, or perhaps the people who choose such cars are a self-selecting group of safe drivers.

How popular are the various car colors? According to DuPont Automotive's 2003 Color Popularity Report, the top three colors (silver, white and black) account for more than 50% of new cars manufactured for North America. Here is a chart highlighting the top ten most popular car colors:

Color Percentage of New Cars
Silver 20.2%
White 18.4%
Black 11.6%
Med/Dark Gray 11.5%
Light Brown 8.8%
Med/Dark Blue 8.5%
Medium Red 6.9%
Med/Dark Green 5.3%
Bright Red 3.8%
Dark Red 0.9%
Source: DuPont Automotive"

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered red and also take note of an early survey done here where not very many of us chose red - you really may never pass another red Solstice on the highway for quite some time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No Red and Tan Leather, that is why!

Oklahoma said:
I ordered red and also take note of an early survey done here where not very many of us chose red - you really may never pass another red Solstice on the highway for quite some time.
That is because at this writing you cannot ger RED with TAN LEATHER. Maybe they will get their act together on this issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its Red for me, although the point regarding the tail lights is interesting. Personally, I wondering how a tan/saddle top and interior would look on one of these.

Allanon

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
My choice has been Red all along. The pics have only confirmed my choice! However, I don't think you can ever go wrong getting a sports car in red! :thumbs:

·
5,600 Posts
Fformula88 said:
My choice has been Red all along. The pics have only confirmed my choice! However, I don't think you can ever go wrong getting a sports car in red! :thumbs:
Red is THE sports car color. It also looks good on a smaller car than a larger one. With all the trucks and SUVs out there, no wonder colors like silver dominate. Red trucks and SUVs just look wrong. But I've never seen a sports car that looked bad in red. Just some bad reds on sports cars.

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Mine is RED and and hopefully steel/sand if GM ever makes up their mind. Cars that have this color are the Montecarlo, Cobalt, Saturn Vue, also the H2 Hummer.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
As Aerodave pointed out a long time ago, what struck me when looking at all those cars on the factory lot was the lack of a bright, stand out color other than red. The green and blue are so dark they pass for black. Add two silvers, a black and a white and you've got the entire color option list.

Remember the movie Schlendler's List where it was all black and white except for the red coat. Or Sin City's all black and white except for the blood. This was a director's idea to convey a sense of depression. Not really what you need on a car that's message is "Pontiac Excitement!"

Where is the yellow when you need it?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts