Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer called me this afternoon with some not so good news. :( My build date has been changed from (the week of) July 18th to blank. No indication of why and no other changes.

He doesn't know when the change was entered but it was fairly recent. This suggests to him, and me, that Pontiac is unsure of the initial projected production start up dates or that there are supply issues (i.e. leather availbility) that are causing real or potential delays. Anyone else checked their build date lately?

·
5,641 Posts
From a Pontiac meassage earlier in the month

"Efective June 1st, we have modified existing VOM processes to establish more realistic expectations regarding launch vehicle production and actual delivery to dealer. We have discontinued VOM publication of target production date and estimated delivery date during start of production while maintaining other event codes for order tracking."

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Small Dealer. Your input and explanations are always valuable.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, there were realisticly too many people with a July 18th build date too. I'm betting for some reaosn a bunch of people jsut got that by default.

·
Registered
936 Posts
PAS22 said:
My dealer called me this afternoon with some not so good news. :( My build date has been changed from (the week of) July 18th to blank. No indication of why and no other changes.

He doesn't know when the change was entered but it was fairly recent. This suggests to him, and me, that Pontiac is unsure of the initial projected production start up dates or that there are supply issues (i.e. leather availbility) that are causing real or potential delays. Anyone else checked their build date lately?
Supply issues for the first 1000 are unacceptable. However I don't belive that is an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts