1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yup, I got GMS

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am getting the employee discount because my Father worked for G.M.. I have confirmed this in writing with my dealer and when my Father called to get his G.M.S.# he specifically asked if the Solstice could get employee pricing.The answer was yes and the discount would be 11%. Hopefully nothing changes!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes. The % discount depends on the model I believe. I have been wrong before, however.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yes that is GMS- family/employee pricing.

From my understanding, a dealer does not have to accept the employee pricing. I've heard of a few around here that will not let Vettes go for GMS.

What is the 11% discount? From my understanding, the base price is fixed at a certain point then there's extra off options as well. Does this mean you can expect 11% off everything?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not sure. My father asked how much a discount I would recieve and they replied 11%. I do know when I went to order my car the dealer had prices for all the options with G.M.S. discounts and dicounts for dealer employees. It just looked like all the options were discounted around 10 or 11 %.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am wondering how many regular purchases have gone below MSRP. Did anyone get between Invoice and MSRP?

·
Registered
753 Posts
i am not a gm affiliated person. "wife of" has an ex who is in the biz and he referred me to the general manager at a local dealership. this was before the 'apprentice' promotion and i called asking for their best price on a car that didn't exist yet. $500 over invoice-i grabbed it immediately.
to the dealer's credit, they have never once suggested that i pay a dime over our original agreement, and with the Money they spent to 'opt-in' to the 1st 1k promotion it can't be much profit for them.
i intend to leave it with them for a week in the showroom too- it's the least i can do to show my appreciation for how honest and straightforward they have been with this purchase.
BTW- they really are as excited about the arrival of my solstice as i am. and the 'Halo effect' is aleady working. acording to my salesperson, the people who are aware of the solstice are more likely to look at a G6- even if they are not in the market for a solstice themselves.

·
Registered
504 Posts
GMS I was told by Solstice HQ does not apply to EOP,I went afew rounds with the owner of the dealership made him prove it to me,he called HQ and they told me what I have stated.Other then that its up to the dealer wheather he wants to or not,my dealer isn't giving GMS for any Solstice,figures you are getting a deal the way its priced. :cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SATCH said:
GMS I was told by Solstice HQ does not apply to EOP,I went afew rounds with the owner of the dealership made him prove it to me,he called HQ and they told me what I have stated.Other then that its up to the dealer wheather he wants to or not,my dealer isn't giving GMS for any Solstice,figures you are getting a deal the way its priced. :cool:
I bet it is going to be hard to find a dealer anywhere that will sell at GMS, since they all will have no problem selling their allocation at full MSRP. If they can easily get MSRP, there is the incentive for them to sell for less, and make less.

Congrats to those who got GMS in writing! That is a steal! Especially for those of us like me who are not on GM' s payroll. :(

B

·
0 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
I was glad to get MSRP. Good luck on your GMS if you get it we all should get it. Thats what GM promised........

I also was glad to get MSRP. I actually felt kind of lucky that I got MSRP. I figured that they would see markups similar to what happened when the PT Cruiser came out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
I was glad to get MSRP. Good luck on your GMS if you get it we all should get it. Thats what GM promised........
Actually on all the ads running right now it's "GMS for all 2005 and" 2006 trucks of some sort (I think the big ones and big SUVs). Nothing about GMS 2006 cars as of yet. Even so, I think they've excluded some, such as the GTO (not 100% on that though).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dealer Cannot Deny GMS Discount?

Fformula88 said:
I bet it is going to be hard to find a dealer anywhere that will sell at GMS... :(
My sister is buying a H3 with GMS and told me that a dealer cannot refuse to honor the GMS discount. She showed the GMS Family website and the Solstice is listed.

Can anyone confirm the dealer has to honor the GMS discount?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
My sister is buying a H3 with GMS and told me that a dealer cannot refuse to honor the GMS discount. She showed the GMS Family website and the Solstice is listed.

Can anyone confirm the dealer has to honor the GMS discount?

No, they don't have to honor GMS. If you go to the GMfamilyfirst website for GM employees it clearly states that dealer participation is not mandatory. Click on the rules and guidelines link. It does list the GMS pricing. Employee msrp is $17,650.00 and options are about 12%.

·
5,641 Posts
Cactus Jack said:
No, they don't have to honor GMS. If you go to the GMfamilyfirst website for GM employees it clearly states that dealer participation is not mandatory. Click on the rules and guidelines link. It does list the GMS pricing. Employee msrp is $17,650.00 and options are about 12%.
Here is the back up from the dealership guidelines:

9 L. THE DEALER HAS THE DISCRETION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GM EMPLOYEE
PURCHASE PROGRAM BY SPECIFIC VEHICLE. IF THE DEALER ELECTS TO
PARTICIPATE, ALL PROGRAM PARAMETERS MUST BE MET TO BE ELIGIBLE..

·
Registered
55 Posts
No Price Agreement When Ordered - Use of GMS

Fformula88 said:
I bet it is going to be hard to find a dealer anywhere that will sell at GMS, since they all will have no problem selling their allocation at full MSRP. If they can easily get MSRP, there is the incentive for them to sell for less, and make less.

Congrats to those who got GMS in writing! That is a steal! Especially for those of us like me who are not on GM' s payroll. :(
Basically our dealer's sales manager would not talk price when we ordered and told us that the car would not cost more than MSRP (ordered in May) and there may be pricing discounts available when the car is delivered (expected Oct).

Is it better to call him now or just wait until the car arrives and hand him our GMS coupon? I'm afraid that if I let him know that I will be using the GMS discount that he will screw around with our delivery.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
You guys are lucky to find dealers who extended that on a low volume sports car. Stick with that dealer :thumbs:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
Basically our dealer's sales manager would not talk price when we ordered and told us that the car would not cost more than MSRP (ordered in May) and there may be pricing discounts available when the car is delivered (expected Oct).

Is it better to call him now or just wait until the car arrives and hand him our GMS coupon? I'm afraid that if I let him know that I will be using the GMS discount that he will screw around with our delivery.
I ordered my car in Tucson. I talked to the sales managers at both Pontiac dealers and they both said they would not be honoring GMS. I'm bummed, it would be about a $3200.00 discount Are you ordering your car in Tucson also?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts