Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

New to the board, first post. Does anyone have a deposit down with a dealer at GMS pricing? (after the EOP of course) If so, would you please share the name and location of the dealer?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
My dealer said that according to the documentation they're not excepting GMS pricing on Solsti even after the EOP. However one of the other dealer members can probably confirm or deny that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
brentil said:
My dealer said that according to the documentation they're not excepting GMS pricing on Solsti even after the EOP. However one of the other dealer members can probably confirm or deny that.
Dealer participation on the GMS is strictyly voluntary. My store happens to be in an area with over 15,000 GM active and retired employees, plus the relatives. We honor it on any vehicle that is non-constrained and unrestricted. We even trade to get the right one (within reason,) but it's a pain to do that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well you must be gettin one helluva allocation to be willing to do that with a Solstice. Not a chance I'll be doing that here, and I'll likely have a bigger allocation than any other dealer in the Metro area. On the other hand, may find out next week that I've got a 4 month allocation of 50+ units. We'll see what next week brings.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Breeze said:
Well you must be gettin one helluva allocation to be willing to do that with a Solstice. Not a chance I'll be doing that here, and I'll likely have a bigger allocation than any other dealer in the Metro area. On the other hand, may find out next week that I've got a 4 month allocation of 50+ units. We'll see what next week brings.
We are small store in a very competitive market, both dealers and customers. Just about everybody dgets one discount or another. Besides that, we not in a Metro mkt, so we don't have the customer base to support ticking people off. If GM allows GMS/SUPPLR discounts, than so will we.

If you deal with a lot of GM employees, then you know most have very little loyalty to any one dealer, and it's all about the best price at point of sale, not the best deal. If we don't allow GMS on every possible deal that qualifies, we lose 1/2 our new units over the curb. Besides, I'd rather sell 1 than blow 10 people out b/c we don't offer them their discount.

But one other thing. Even though we're a small country GMC-Pontiac store, our Jeep dealer is THE LARGEST JEEP STORE IN THE COUNTRY. Bar none. We're a top-100 nationwide on volume, we're just a small part of that. The group didn't get that way (in the ONLY town that makes the Jeep, btw,) by not giving the best deal possible. As a group, we push out over 9,500 a year. Even a single lot Metro Motown dealer can't touch that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm looking for a GMS dealer in North Texas.(Dallas-Frisco) Anyone know a good Dealer, or what GM dealers to stay away from.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Breeze said:
50 units in 4 months !!!!!!!!!! There are 2500+ Pontiac dealers and they are only producing around 30,000 units a year , due the math you will get around 5 in 4 months

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lesson on Why some Dealer Deal

linedog said:
50 units in 4 months !!!!!!!!!! There are 2500+ Pontiac dealers and they are only producing around 30,000 units a year , due the math you will get around 5 in 4 months
Your math is correct, but your formula is a little off. If Breeze is in SoCal, FLA, or another area w/ a high number of the comp. set of vehicles (see allocation formulary,) than he/she may very well be getting 50 units. I may only end up 2 or 3 for the whole year. We don't know what our allocation is yet, at least I don't.

However, I think that points that were being made Breeze's statement were that 1. they are in a high volume mkt, and 2. that GMS participation is completely voluntary. If they only get 4-5 units, according to your formula, then yes, they have a customer base to support a non-GMS offer. However, if they do end up with 50 units, which prolly a hypothectical number, than they may offer GMS on the oldest unit in stock after 60 days. Not saying that is a common practice, but look at SSR's, Z06's, GTO's, and the like. My store is in a small population area, with a high number of GMS eligible buyers. We have to rely on repeat/referral business b/c of population base, and that means giving deals that other dealers don't have to.

As an educated buyer, though, you prolly are aware that you always get the best deal at the last place you go to, right? That's completely unfair to Salesperson #1 that spent 2 hours giving you their full attention and showing you every option on the car, and then you take the number down the street to Salesperson #2 and cut his throat for $100 off, or $10 a month on the payment and drive out in the car the Sales. #1 sold you, but Sales. #2 beat the price. I need to build a loyal base by giving the best deal right now, and taking care of my custs. before, during, and after the sale. When the neighbor says they paid $15/mo, or whatever more than so-and-so, my cust. then asks, "Who was your salesman?" 90% of America can't tell you the name of their last salesman, but my customers know me. They know that little bit extra goes toward outstanding customer service. And besides that, it may not even be the same vehicle, or same incentive/rate plan. Need a spare key 'cuz you don't have OnStar, lost a key fob ($60 charge,) or you need a small paint touch-up, call me first. Even if they don't buy from me, but I give them and hour, they get a call every 30 days. The loyal cust. knows the difference.

I am in no way implying what type (good, bad or ugly,) of salesperson any other dealer in this forum is, b/c I sincerely think all of us here care about our customers before, during, and after the sale, b/c we're all here to listen, learn, and share along the way. It's just that our local demographics and local competition force us to make decisions on how to run our respective
businesses.

Sorry a little off track again, but it's all part of learning, right? ;)

Steve

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
conejo148: I need to build a loyal base by giving the best deal right now, and taking care of my custs. before, during, and after the sale.
I encountered some of that loyalty when I called a dealer in NJ about the Solstice. He said: "I have 6 or 7 customers who've already paid up-front, 25K, and are willing to pay more if need be. I have the checks right here in my hand! They've been waiting 6 months and they'll get the car first before anyone else." After pressing him a bit with regard to GM's EOP regulations and the Apprentice registration code, he yielded his hardline stance and said he'd have to conform to the policy if that's what the policy said.

I told him to tell his customers to be sure and watch the Apprentice.:lol:

·
Registered
268 Posts
also in serviec too if i cant get good service from my dealer i will not buy a car from them. sence i am stuc going to non olds dealerships to get mu alero serviced i have ben shoping around. i found a nice one but i dont know if i will get gouged or not.

·
Registered
182 Posts
GMS pricing?

Vader1 said:
Hi All -

New to the board, first post. Does anyone have a deposit down with a dealer at GMS pricing? (after the EOP of course) If so, would you please share the name and location of the dealer?

Thanks!!
Yeah mine is going to do it for me. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Could you let me know participating dealer? I've been told by mine it is "iffy" based on allocation.

You can PM me (although I've tried that on this forum) if it isn't a supporting dealer. If not perhaps just some hints like say ZIP code / road if that is ok with forum advertising rules. (Great forum, don't want to cause problem)

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
MVPerformance said:
Yes GMS is avail here in MI on them.

Which dealer did you talk to? The one I am going through (right next to GM Tech Center) said they didn't plan to offer GMS until sales cooled off, probably in a year.

I might have to find a different dealer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi,

Could you give road that dealer is on? Just FYI I spoke to a Dealer on Updyke near a GM Production Facility several times w/out sucess (over about 8 months). Now they are sending out flyers to come in a pre-order your Solstice. (Fat Chance). Nice way to reward a customer who offered to do a deposit to get in on a PRE-pre order list.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts