Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one and it reduces the temperature by about 10゚. You need to trim your fan shroud in order to install it but it's not very difficult. But I notice a lot more cooling influence from the 600 horsepower intercooler that I installed. In 50゚ weather it takes a long time for the car to warm up.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I have the equivalent model from Werks. You probably won't see much of a difference on the street, but it is a must for track days. The stock radiator can get heat soaked very quickly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree with kellysellsrv and raygun, I have the RPM and it has helped me for track use. Quality is good - it is all aluminum so I don't think there is a weak point. The drain plug unfortunately is relocated and you will no longer be able to access it with everything installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone tell me their experience with the RPM 3" radiator upgrade? Quality wise, performance, etc?
I had one and it seemed to be a quality part. Unfortunately for me it required a Cold Air intake and would have created 'smog certification' issues for me here in CA so I opted for a Werks version that worked with a stock airbox assembly. One thing with the RPM radiator is they added a radiator cap to fill on the left side of the upper tank which will help in eliminating the pesky air locks our cars are prone to get.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Tim - wouldn't it have fit with the GMPP air intake? IIRC that was 52 state rated.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Canada and Mexico.....apparently the US car industry considers them to be part of the US when they calculate percentage of American content in cars (thanks for biting) ;-)

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,426 Posts
Canada and Mexico.....apparently the US car industry considers them to be part of the US when they calculate percentage of American content in cars (thanks for biting) ;-)
Apparently North American, munch, munch!

(y)

·
Super Moderator
6,980 Posts
Many non-US students are taught that the US has 52 states, with Puerto Rico and Washington DC being classified as states instead of as a territory and a district, respectively.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tim - wouldn't it have fit with the GMPP air intake? IIRC that was 52 state rated.
Yes it would likely work. I live in California and would rather not have to defend a modification to the emission nazis. I prefer to have the car be as “stock appearing” as possible. Also my understanding was that the GMPP cold air intake with the requisite CARB number is no longer readily available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts