Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone placed cold hard cash on an order for an automatic yet?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm waiting till January to place an order for mine. I spoke with someone at the GM customer service line and they said that an order placed in Jan/Feb would guarantee my automatic Solstice for delivery in April. The car I am currently driving is due for inspection in April and I already know it won't pass so I have to have my Solstice by the end of April.

·
2,574 Posts
Orpheus said:
I'm waiting till January to place an order for mine. I spoke with someone at the GM customer service line and they said that an order placed in Jan/Feb would guarantee my automatic Solstice for delivery in April. The car I am currently driving is due for inspection in April and I already know it won't pass so I have to have my Solstice by the end of April.
Get their name! :skep:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Orpheus, did the GM customer service hint at how much more the Auto will cost? BTW, i started this thread as there are some dealers in my area who claim they are accepting orders for autos - but from reading this board, i know that is not true. I just wanted to find out if anyone had taken a dealer up on an auto order - and have received any sort of guarentees from them.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Orpheus said:
Im not saying that it is not true, but from reading this forum most that have ordered around now won't get it until spring and if you order in Jan/Feb and get it in two months? Seems highly unlikely to get it that fast.

·
1,492 Posts
not yet

As have said, my dealer says i can order in Jan-Feb and will prob get it Jul -Aug. He is hoping for better but after watching stick progress he is pessimistic. I was hoping that we could have name of GM rep that said Jan-Feb with delivery Apl. Then I would tell my salesman to call him/her.

Moderator : Maybe we could combine this thread with- Who's holding out for an Automatic

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Well my question is that if the wait for stick is what it is now..why would auto be faster?

·
5,641 Posts
Orpheus said:
Only if you placed an order in January or February with a dealership that still have spots left in their second four month allocation period. There are many dealerships that even if you placed an order today, would not get you a car for April.

Oh, and to split hairs, you can order anything you want from a dealership (such as an automatic transmission Solstice), they just can't order it from Pontiac yet.

·
5,641 Posts
Solstice 5-Speed Automatic Transmission (MX0) ... will be available for order placement as of Monday, January 9, 2006. MSRP for this option is $850.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Orpheus said:
see SD comments above...but if the dealer doesnt have an allocation..there is now way to get it in April.....betting most second four month allocations are rapidly filling now at dealerships.......if not allocations...no way Pontiac will accept the order to build from a dealers allocation pool

·
1,492 Posts
Thank You SM-D!

Small Dealer said:
Solstice 5-Speed Automatic Transmission (MX0) ... will be available for order placement as of Monday, January 9, 2006. MSRP for this option is $850.
Thanks for the post. Nice to know we have a start date. Meeting with my dealer this afternoon.

:party: :party: :party:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Thanks for the information SD, my wife is waiting for that to happen.

·
5,641 Posts
BubblePix said:
Thanks for the information SD, my wife is waiting for that to happen.
Neopets for avatar.

Happy Holidays.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts