Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GXP
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the grey face on my 07 GXP speedo. You can't read it well in different lighting. It just plain sucks. I loved the white face on the base model, but it has differences that can't cross over.

Anybody tried replacing it with the 07 Sky Red Line, which is white?
The big plus is it does NOT have any Saturn logo of Red Line on it.

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Vehicle Automotive lighting

The only difference in display is the speedo idiot light icons on the bottom. I 'think' they are the same function, just different icon.

Speedometer Vehicle Gauge Odometer Motor vehicle

Speedometer Car Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a cluster for sale if you wanna try it.
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

From a 2008 rl. Looking for $150. Ill include the pigtail in case it needs some rewiring

·
Registered
2007 GXP
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting.... the RL in my photo is an 07 - the same as my GXP. The 07-08 appearance is very different. Also - the 08 had additional tire pressure readout function. Frankly, I like the cleaner look of the 07....
I appreciate the offer. Will need to do some research.

·
Registered
2007 GXP
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is weird.... when I Googlebang the 07 I'm getting this as the cluster.... Wondering if that's some kind of custom in my photo. No clue...
Plant Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Automotive lighting

·
Registered
39 Posts
I believe the one in your photo is an aftermarket piece. Most modern GM cars in North America have the KPH as a smaller ring as well as the larger MPH as fas as I know.

·
Premium Member
17,550 Posts
Yes
They are interchangable and but for the color of the gauge background and the illumination color they are identical and either will fit in either car. The data is kept in the BCM and is displayed on the gauge when power is applied. I think the startup sequence says Sky in the Sky unit but that is a dim memory

·
Premium Member
17,550 Posts
I believe the one in your photo is an aftermarket piece. Most modern GM cars in North America have the KPH as a smaller ring as well as the larger MPH as fas as I know.
The Canadian and Opal GT gauges are printed in KPH while the rest are MPH. They are unique to the best of my recollection. I remember a discusion about Canadians looking for a KPH unit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Canadian and Opal GT gauges are printed in KPH while the rest are MPH. They are unique to the best of my recollection. I remember a discusion about Canadians looking for a KPH unit.
Usually the KPH would be larger in that instance and the MPH smaller though?

Our parent company is Canadian, so our plant vehicles all have KPH as the larger ring, MPH as the smaller. Bunch of Chevy trucks with flatbeds.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,935 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
The give away on the white gauge face you shared is from Black Cat Customs is the trunk open icon courtesy of @TomatoSoup. The stock RL gauges are ugly compared to the GXP stock ones and couldn't figure out why you wanted to change them until I reread your first post. I much rather prefer the look of the GXP ones, but of course they say "GXP" so I wouldn't want to put them on my RL.

Starting at post #29 @rjgramps did a nice write up of changing out the LED lights and the gauge face if you would like to know more.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Another idea. . . . . . . a Korean G2X

I love how the incorporated the Opel logo.
I hadn't seen that one before. That's a pretty cool custom one, is that on that G2X that's been rebranded as and Opel/Saturn I see on the FB groups from time to time? I love how some of the Opel guys in Europe change theirs to Saturn badging and then some of the Saturn guys change theirs to Opels and then some of the G2X's in Korea change theirs to both.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
I hadn't seen that one before. That's a pretty cool custom one, is that on that G2X that's been rebranded as and Opel/Saturn I see on the FB groups from time to time? . . .
Over the years I collected photos of most G2X and it seems almost all of the them are rebadged. Often with a wild combination of Daewoo, Saturn and Opel badges on the same car. And sometimes even exotic ones like Porsche and Chevy.

The most rare G2X are the ones with stock badging, only a few of those around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to all for enlightening me on the Black Cat custom overlays. It appears the entire dash has to come out to get the housing out? Will have to look it up in my dealer service manual.

Just read the installation instructions, which are nicely detailed and illustrated. Seems a straightforward job once in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well crap..... Google sign-in somehow crossed over to my alter ego.... Now I have to figure out how to get back to Feenuxman.

ToasterTan is the name of my micro-biz making custom parts for classic BMW motorcycles called Airheads. 1969 thru 1997.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This got unfunny fast. Now I can't sign into any other forums using my Google sign-in. It somehow creates a conflict with the ToasterTan name - which I can't seem to kill. Anyone know how to kill an account on this forum? This totally sucks.
Moderator?

·
Administrator
9,788 Posts
This got unfunny fast. Now I can't sign into any other forums using my Google sign-in. It somehow creates a conflict with the ToasterTan name - which I can't seem to kill. Anyone know how to kill an account on this forum? This totally sucks.
Moderator?
Your Toaster Tan account was created using Google One Tap, and your Feenuxman account is still valid.

I can merge the accounts, but your inability to log in to the Feenuxman account is at your end, and merging them will not help that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts